Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how much do you lift on your dumbells? Watch

ReputationRep:
    how much do you lift when doing curls on your dumbells

ReputationRep:
    How much do you lift when doing curls on your dumbbells???

ReputationRep:
    go have a **** loser!

ReputationRep:
    I'll only be able to satisfy myself once I know the full extent of your feats of strength... please tell me!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equinoxsolar)
    how much do you lift when doing curls on your dumbells

dnt consern yourself with what other people lift, concentrait on doing your weight with good technique

ReputationRep:
    I normally lift one chuck norris on each arm.

on a bad day.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what the **** you're asking. Do you want to know what every person here curls so you have something to compare to or are you asking how much one should be curling?

If it's the former, you're a homo. Go away.

If it's the latter, you should use as much weight that allows you to only be able to do about 5-7 reps ish. Give or take.

ReputationRep:
    16-18kg each arm, 10-12 reps

ReputationRep:
    im lifting 15 kg on each arm which i know is pathetic, but i would like a weight to reach.

ReputationRep:
    Bicep curling is not a goal. If it is a goal, it has to be the most useless homo pathetic goal I've ever heard of. Pick a real exercise to focus on; one that accounts for actual real life strength.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equinoxsolar)
    im lifting 15 kg on each arm which i know is pathetic, but i would like a weight to reach.
    why is it pathetic? you cna only lift a weight your strong enough for, thats like me saying i saw some1 clean and press 120kg but i can only do 60/70kg max so thats pathetic. I can only lift what i can lift...

like i said before, you do your weight and progress as you get stronger what other people lift is meaningless as everyone is different and some people are stronger on different muscle groups

dome some real strength excerises clean and press, deadlifts, bench press squats cus curls dont actaually build strength!

ReputationRep:
    Hur hur. I haven't curled more than about 10kg in god knows how long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Rippetoe)
    Bicep curling is not a goal. If it is a goal, it has to be the most useless homo pathetic goal I've ever heard of. Pick a real exercise to focus on; one that accounts for actual real life strength.
    no real gym bunny respects a bicep curl weight.

you want to be taken seriously, ask for squat, bench and OH press numbers.

bicep curls are uneccessary, get over yourself and start doing rows.

ReputationRep:
    A wimpish 15Kg on each arm :p:

Slightly off topic: Anyone know any good home workouts? I have dumbells, chairs and an E-Z bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Cool)
    A wimpish 15Kg on each arm

Slightly off topic: Anyone know any good home workouts? I have dumbells, chairs and an E-Z bar
    Sell dumbells, pawn chairs, get gym membership

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoshifumu)
    no real gym bunny respects a bicep curl weight.

you want to be taken seriously, ask for squat, bench and OH press numbers.

bicep curls are uneccessary, get over yourself and start doing rows.
    I think you mean "gym rat" - you're combining that with "cardio bunny". And when it comes to the big three you ask for to get an idea of someone's strength, it's squat, bench and deadlift. I don't think people are particularly aware of their OH press 1RM.

Bicep curls do have their place, but are generally abused. If you find that your bicep strength is a weakpoint, they can be a handy accessory exercise to target them, but they shouldn't be a serious focus. For a relatively new trainnee they are pretty unnecessary as they should be focusing exclusively on the big lifts to build basic strength.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I think you mean "gym rat" - you're combining that with "cardio bunny". And when it comes to the big three you ask for to get an idea of someone's strength, it's squat, bench and deadlift. I don't think people are particularly aware of their OH press 1RM.

Bicep curls do have their place, but are generally abused. If you find that your bicep strength is a weakpoint, they can be a handy accessory exercise to target them, but they shouldn't be a serious focus. For a relatively new trainnee they are pretty unnecessary as they should be focusing exclusively on the big lifts to build basic strength.

i like gym bunny more

And yer i was trying to remember the third one, decided it must be oh. dunno how i forgot dl

ReputationRep:
    I don't lift weights for aesthetic reasons cos I'm not a flaming homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    The full weight setting on my bowflex transformers.

ReputationRep:
    Lift as much as you can with good form and forget what others do. If you really want to know what people curl be more specific - are you talking dumbbell preacher curls, concentration curls etc... it all makes a difference.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.