Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is anyone in the christie block?..

ReputationRep:
    ive been offered it here aswell, not my choice but got given it, whats the food like as its catered?

ReputationRep:
    Are you all freshers?

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks -G-a-v- You've made me feel a lot better. Put my mind at rest a bit because it's worrying enough as it is! Looking forward to it- You in your second year then?x

ReputationRep:
    Also also! What is 'OA' for my room number? Is it the block?
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elninoel)
    Are you all freshers?
    yes, I am law fresher. Any law students in our hall ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleuthera)
    Also also! What is 'OA' for my room number? Is it the block?
    Thanks x
    Yea thats the block, think its oakhouse or oaklands.

ReputationRep:
    What would BF be? and anyone in there? Also it says its single sex? so is the whole area just males or just the block?

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks -G-a-v- You've made me feel a lot better. Put my mind at rest a bit because it's worrying enough as it is! Looking forward to it- You in your second year then?x
    Quote me next time :p:

Anyway, yeah it's scary enough moving in I guess, it's a good hall though I'm just going into my third year, I feel old :p: still, making this last fresher's week count before I have to sell my soul for a permanent place under piles of physics books in the library.

ReputationRep:
    Yea thats the block, think its oakhouse or oaklands.
    That'll be oaklands, oak house is in fallowfield

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what GD stands for then? I'm sure I will figure it out in the midst of all the madness but just got curious.

only 2 days left til I move in can't waiiit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juho Ruusunen)
    anyone know what GD stands for then? I'm sure I will figure it out in the midst of all the madness but just got curious.

only 2 days left til I move in can't waiiit!
    That'll be 'greenwood' probably, the block you'll be in.

ReputationRep:
    Does the bus 147 between sackville and oxford road drop you off infront of your hall or you gotta walk all the way to it? Also how far is oakhouse from the bus station?

ReputationRep:
    Does the bus 147 between sackville and oxford road drop you off infront of your hall or you gotta walk all the way to it? Also how far is oakhouse from the bus station?
    It only comes down to Manchester Royal Infirmary; its a bit of a walk to Hulme from there. And its only in college hours. Im getting a pass; comprehensive travel for £165 a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    It only comes down to Manchester Royal Infirmary; its a bit of a walk to Hulme from there. And its only in college hours. Im getting a pass; comprehensive travel for £165 a year.

does this bus also pick up students from the manchester airport the first week? also how are you supposed to get to oakhouse :/ do you have to ask for directions or are there signs(dunno if this is the right word but i mean signs as in "Hulme Hall ->")?

ReputationRep:
    does this bus also pick up students from the manchester airport the first week? also how are you supposed to get to oakhouse :/ do you have to ask for directions or are there signs(dunno if this is the right word but i mean signs as in "Hulme Hall ->")?

Oak house is in fallowfield.

If you're in Hulme Hall, that means you'll be in the Oaklands block. You just ask for directions to hulme hall. (I should also stress that if you ask for directions to Oak House, you'll be in entirely the wrong place!)

I think there's a train that goes to Manchester Picadilly station, you could get that, then get a bus or taxi to Hulme Hall.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno about the first bit mate, im not international so i dont need it :p: , but it's always worth ringing up and asking. If youre in Oaklands, just do as Gav says and get a train to Manchester Piccadilly and then a bus to Hulme... something to Rusholme will probably do. If you knew the area better (which im guessing you dont if your flying in), i'd probably get a train to Mauldeth Road and bus back up 'coz its quicker, but you might get lost, so go Piccadilly.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks, will go with the train and taxi route! Will have to write oaklands down, keep calling it oakhouse :/

ReputationRep:
    Anybody already there/moving in tomorrow?
    x

ReputationRep:
    Anybody already there/moving in tomorrow?
    x
    I did all the boring crap yesterday, but ive gone home, and coming back saturday to move in. :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.