Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    Yes, quite obviously... thats why i asked for advice.
    And searches have been so far unhelpful. You know what, ill ask elsewhere
    Go for it. Be sure to post a link to wherever it is you ask, because if I know service people at all then I'm positive you'll find a lot less patience towards your ungrateful, ******** attitude. But it'll certainly be worth at laugh!

(Original post by Drewski)
    That, then, has more to do with what you're searching for and how you're searching for it than anything else.

This forum has been active for many years and has seen many many people go from being an applicant to a serving member, in nearly all branches of the RAF, especcially pilot. If the piece of advice you're looking for hasn't been said here half a dozen times already, it's completely useless.

Come up with something you want answered and put the keywords into the search box. And then - here's the crux - look at all of the replies. However, if you can't be bothered, move along.

Try other places, by all means [pprune, egoat, etc] but don't expect the responses to be any different. Serving people have precious little spare time, they don't want to spend it repeating snippets of advice given 40,000 times already.
    We shall have to agree to disagree on this one; I've had pleeeeeenty of work-time off in my small time serving... And it's great!

:top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    We shall have to agree to disagree on this one; I've had pleeeeeenty of work-time off in my small time serving... And it's great!

Suppose it depends how seriously you take your work :p:

Yeah, there's free time, but there's often better things to do than sit on the 'net with a bunch of kids is what I was really getting at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Suppose it depends how seriously you take your work :p:

Yeah, there's free time, but there's often better things to do than sit on the 'net with a bunch of kids is what I was really getting at.
    ...About as seriously as I take my women!

Much better things, indeed, I was playing devil's advocate... Naturally! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, another 16 year old with delusions of grandeur who thinks it takes a bunch of big ideas and a stuck up attitude to become a pilot.

Go for it mate, I'm sure you'll go far...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.