Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are the United Kingdom, Germany and France the most important nations of Europe? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equinoxsolar)
    ummm, when labour came to power in 1997 the UK had the seocnd largest economy in europe, economic growth and no ongoing large military operations.

since then the UK has been surpassed by France and is in danger of lagging behind Italy. There is no growth for the UK economy predicted for the next 1 year, and when it doesfinally happen the economy will bre precisely the same size as when labour took office in 97'.
    After ten of the most economically successful years in the past half-century?

When up against countries with similar economic bases, but greater populations?

(Original post by equinoxsolar)
    yet, the country will have half a trillion in debt. So, once the recession is over, the sun doesn't rise. We will be paying of this debt with higher taxes for the rest of our lives. Now i dont intend to squander my chance in life by funding labour's idiocy. I will be moving abroad.
    i suggest you do to.
    Toodle pip. Don't hit your head on the door on the way out.

Britain's been in debt before- I'm sure we can cope.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.