The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It wouldn't make a difference.
Man, if I was Africa I'd just buy loads of sandwiches with all the aid. A billion dollars buys a lot of sandwiches, they're delicious, and I know people who would buy a sandwich off you for twice what you paid cos they don't want to have to walk to the shop, so maybe there is the start of an economy there as well.
RobertPires
I wasn't saying you personally did, you was referring to a country. I'm not trying to make you feel guilty, you asked why you shouldn't get paid back and I told you. If you feel guilty that's not my fault, I just told you it how it is. You need to realise that actually a critical analysis of the situation is part of a discussion, or should I just say whatever pops into my head as you seem to?

For a fact, its clear that you made it personal obviously by your use of direct address and Im sure that many others would have took it exactly the same way. Or where you just speaking in a collective sense about something which I had no control over ? And I'm also thinking that your statement about me saying whatever pops into my head is contradictory as I'm sure that I didnt ask "why you shouldn't get paid back" as popped into your head.