Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    CCUSA said no due to my dates of availability . I think CA might accept my dates though, so fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    What are your dates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.hunton)
    What are your dates?
    26th June

ReputationRep:
    Its possible, you may be accepted, not sure of how likely a placement is though in all honesty! My camp (one of the latest) this year started on June 25th, and June 17th last year. Generally as a first year, you need to be at training week.

ReputationRep:
    i have my interview on monday!!! i have one person i can get a professional reference from but dont have a second?? i only had one job for along while and no college or uni techers

ReputationRep:
    ---

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing this in anyway for the money, you are stupid to do it at all. Its the experience you get out of it. The second time you go it may be more about the money, but then you will get a lot more and generally more than the other agencies. I got $2,300 my second summer through CA, although $700 was added by my camp on top of CAs $1,600 minimum.

ReputationRep:
    This sounds great, I would love to be a teacher one day! How long is it open to apply for?

I have decided to go for it filled out a lot of the form and just need 3 pics and to sort out my references basically.. I'm not quite sure what I am supposed to put in the boxes but I've tried to sound enthusiastic

This really does sound like a great experience - I hope I'm not too late to send it in!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    I did camp america this summer and I have to warn you all it is a big rip off!!!! there were other counsellors who got a TON of their pay taken off them which if you think you pay camp america almost 700 pounds and then they take a load of your ALLOWANCE?? There were people there from ICCP who got paid 300 dollars more than me simply by not going through camp america! Im probably going back to the camp next summer but by being hired directly and having the camp support my visa so I'll get an extra 300 dollars w00t plus an extra 250 for it being my second year!!! so, yeah camp america= BIG RIP OFF

oh and they messed up my return flight!!
    Most people don't do things like this for the money, mostly for the experience.

ReputationRep:
    Also to aleathiel, the US embassy refuses a much higher number of independenty supported visas. It sounds to me that unless you got paid more than $1,000 last year, you are still worse off by not going through CA.

ReputationRep:
    I went through camp leaders, there smaller than camp america but cheaper. Check out their website

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, so Im applying thorugh CCUSA and Ive had an email confirming they've got my app and fees and will be arranging an interview for me, I just have one last section of the app to fill in. I did most of i te other week, all about what my skills are and what camp Id like to work at etc and the last part was a personal essay so I was leaving that until I had more time. Logged in today to sort the essay out and the WHOLE section of the Camp program has gone from the list and I can't seem to access my application anywhere! Any help?

ReputationRep:
    Campbell87 - I am applying through CCUSA as well and am at exactly the same stage as you (just are about to do the personal essay)...

Did you get an email today? CCUSA sent an email saying that they are having some technical difficulties today and hope to have it sorted in the next 24 hours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campbell87)
    Hey all, so Im applying thorugh CCUSA and Ive had an email confirming they've got my app and fees and will be arranging an interview for me, I just have one last section of the app to fill in. I did most of i te other week, all about what my skills are and what camp Id like to work at etc and the last part was a personal essay so I was leaving that until I had more time. Logged in today to sort the essay out and the WHOLE section of the Camp program has gone from the list and I can't seem to access my application anywhere! Any help?
    I applied through CCUSA in august, but ive had no information at all. Ive phoned them up and they have said my application has been received, but i haven't had the second part of my application yet, im so confused

The only contact i've had was this email ages ago.
    Hi Crystal,
    Many thanks for your email and you are completely fine - unfortunately our system doesn't delete your initial inquiry even though you have completed your application (and this email went out to all inquiries so if it happens again please just ignore), but I can confirm everything is correct and present with your application so please do not worry.
    We can't process your ID number probably until next week once the 2010 program agreements have been finalised in our head office in the States - unforutnately it is a waiting game for both of us, but once this is done we can set the ball rolling, and then your interview will happen in the middle to late October.
    Many thanks, and please do not worry as your application is safe and completed!
    EDIT: Now im encountering this

It cant be a technical glitch surely, as my application for last year displays correctly

ReputationRep:
    This was the email I received today, hope it clears up any issues

CCUSA has been experiencing some difficulties with the website. Please be patient as we try to resolve these problems as quickly as possible.

You may be receiving an error message when you try to log into your account. Our IT department is working hard to resolve the problem and you should be able to log back into your application asap.

Please check back in 24hours, as we hope to resolve the problem quickly.

If you submitted an online reference prior to September 9th, unfortunately you will need to resubmit your reference. The online reference system had not been updated for 2010 and we are unable to retrieve any online references submitted prior to this date. We apologise for any inconvenience. The online reference system is now up and running and we look forward to receiving your references online.

Again, we apologise for any inconvenience regarding these IT issues.

Kind regards,

The CCUSA team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah24387)
    This was the email I received today, hope it clears up any issues

CCUSA has been experiencing some difficulties with the website. Please be patient as we try to resolve these problems as quickly as possible.

You may be receiving an error message when you try to log into your account. Our IT department is working hard to resolve the problem and you should be able to log back into your application asap.

Please check back in 24hours, as we hope to resolve the problem quickly.

If you submitted an online reference prior to September 9th, unfortunately you will need to resubmit your reference. The online reference system had not been updated for 2010 and we are unable to retrieve any online references submitted prior to this date. We apologise for any inconvenience. The online reference system is now up and running and we look forward to receiving your references online.

Again, we apologise for any inconvenience regarding these IT issues.

Kind regards,

The CCUSA team
    Really annoyed that I didn't get this email though, if i hadn't of seen it, i wouldn't know to re submit my references.

Thanks anyway

EDIT: Just logged on, and my application has now filled up with stuff to complete, yay... I just feel as if im getting no feedback from CCUSA whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    ---

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Camp America next summer and i've applied through CCUSA hopefully going to be able to get a place at Camp Chenoa, I can't wait to go to it. Because i wanted to go it's why i took a gap year before going to DMU next year which i'm also really excited about. Can people pick where they go? because i haven't really found an answer to that when i was browsing the CCUSA website =S

ReputationRep:
    If a camp will take you then yes, they will generally let you go there, PROVIDING they are affiliated with the relevant agency. Although camps really prefer to pick for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    You're not meant to contact camps, they will pick you! Is there any particular reason Charley_Razzles why you want to go to camp Chenoa?

Have an open mind when it comes to which camp you go to as there are lots of great camps out there!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.