Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How is belfast easyier? 8-) £5.99 flight to london from prestwick would do me alrite lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC_x)
    How is belfast easyier? 8-) £5.99 flight to london from prestwick would do me alrite lol.

The US embassy keep your passport so would you get the train back?!

ReputationRep:
    I believe with a letter from the US Embassy Ryan Air or EasyJet will allow you to fly back on a driving license.

ReputationRep:
    Oo that's quite good didn't realise they let you do that. What about if she doesn't have a driving license though?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure to be honest, I think thats the only other ID that is accepted. If you don't have one, I would recommend applying for a provisional one!

ReputationRep:
    You just need photographic ID to fly domestic UK flights anyway. I flew with an old-style railcard once! But drivers license's are fine - you certainly don't need a letter from the US embassy.

ReputationRep:
    Finally applied with BUNAC and have my interview next month Can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    Finally applied with BUNAC and have my interview next month Can't wait.

Oo well done for finishing your application! And good luck for interview

ReputationRep:
    Holamigo, how much experience did you have with children when you applied?

Ahhh I'm getting so nervous I won't get a place, interview in a couple of weeks, eek!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph222)
    Holamigo, how much experience did you have with children when you applied?

Ahhh I'm getting so nervous I won't get a place, interview in a couple of weeks, eek!!
    i'm sure you will! They don't really not accept people.

Before America I had experience working in a nursery in the after school club and working in a leisure centre as a gymnastics assistant teacher and a swimming assistant teacher - taught kids aged 2-8 years.

It really doesn't matter how much experience you have had just make sure it comes across that you want to work with kids and you are willing to learn new things!

ReputationRep:
    Ok cool!
    I'll just try and come across well in the interview ....were you BUNAC or Camp America btw?

ReputationRep:
    yeahh I'm sure you will - just act like you're really keen and ask questions!

I was with Camp America

ReputationRep:
    OMG got a phonecall today to tell me my CCUSA interview is tomorrow!!!! i have NO idea what theyre gonna ask or anything ahhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhh... got my contract through!!!!! :p: Here we go AGAIN!! eekk

ReputationRep:
    Got my BUNAC interview in a couple of weeks, I can't wait. Is it true that its easier to place guys than girls?

ReputationRep:
    Hey interviews are fun don't worry too much!! They have worked at camp so have been in your position, just be friendly, fun and happy

Interview advice from past staff - http://www.summercampworldwide.com/1-Interviews.htm

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is easier to place guys than girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.hunton)
    Yes, it is easier to place guys than girls.
    I think it actually seems that way because they are more girls unplaced.. if you know what I mean. :p:
    But it probably is equal enough.

ReputationRep:
    Nope it really is. There are less US guys interested in working as camp counselors than girls! It is a lot harder to find good male counselors.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I found a place at a summer camp in April last year. Dont panic you all have plenty of time. Im going back this year to work as a riding instructor. BTW i went through Camp leaders not camp america. I would check it out www.campleaders.com

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.