Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to the interview day in Liverpool on the 7th November?

ReputationRep:
    Just applied to Bunac and set an interview date. I hope I get accepted for a special needs camp. I don't have much experience yet with children :/ but will be volunteering in a school from January

ReputationRep:
    Interview in 6 days, eeeek! Any tips/advice anyone?

Also, any idea how long it takes to hear back after interview? (I'm with going with BUNAC!) x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph222)
    Interview in 6 days, eeeek! Any tips/advice anyone?

Also, any idea how long it takes to hear back after interview? (I'm with going with BUNAC!) x
    Good luck I've applied with Bunac and have an interview in 4 weeks. Update with how you got on if you can. Search previous forums I've searched and found the time can vary from as little as 2weeks to 2months to be placed.

General thing seems to be the interview is quite informal. Some questions they may ask include:
    -what skills you have and experience with them
    -previous experience with children
    -how to handle situations like long hours, disruptive children, bullying
    -why you want to be a camp counsellor
    -what qualities are important to be a camp counsellor

The interviewer just runs through your application form with you.

ReputationRep:
    i got onto CCUSA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    had my interview last weekend and they accepted me on saturday..... america here i come

ReputationRep:
    congrats starfall!! how did you find out you had been successful from interview? I had mine 2 weeks ago but I was on holiday until last night (so i told them i would be out of contact... ) but just wondering did the email or anything? x

ReputationRep:
    thanks questionmark! i'm hoping its more like a friendly chat
    and well done starfall! you must be sooo excited!

ReputationRep:
    You hear back after interview through e-mail/ online application, and then you get sent a second app to fill in

interview is a piss of piss btw!! just TALK!! haha

ReputationRep:
    yeah most people get through the interview stage...

The hard bit is waitin for camps to place you! which can take anywhere up to 4-5 months of waiting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    yeah most people get through the interview stage...

The hard bit is waitin for camps to place you! which can take anywhere up to 4-5 months of waiting...
    I didn't even get to the interview stage with CCUSA, rejected me off the back of my initial application. Didnt even get any emails from them throughout the application process. Bah!

ReputationRep:
    Just got my interview date of the 28th November with Camp America.

Just seen that Bunac is so much cheaper which is a bit annoying but I can live with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    I didn't even get to the interview stage with CCUSA, rejected me off the back of my initial application. Didnt even get any emails from them throughout the application process. Bah!
    Can I ask why they rejected you? Maybe it's different with CCUSA... But most people with Camp America get throught the 'interview' its mainly just a informal chat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    Can I ask why they rejected you? Maybe it's different with CCUSA... But most people with Camp America get throught the 'interview' its mainly just a informal chat!
    They didnt give me a reason until I asked for one. The one they provided was my lack of teaching experience. Which really annoyed me, as I have taught kids in Denmark. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    They didnt give me a reason until I asked for one. The one they provided was my lack of teaching experience. Which really annoyed me, as I have taught kids in Denmark. :mad:
    I've applied with Bunac my interviews on 21st Nov. As it approaches the interview date I'm getting really nervous I won't get accepted I have no recent childcare experience. Though will have some by next Summer and no proper skills :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview with CCUSA yesterday which was really relaxed and we just went through some questions (similar to what you do on the website) and some 'lifeskill' questions. Should hear back within 2 weeks if I've been accepted or not, so will let you guys know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    i got onto CCUSA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    had my interview last weekend and they accepted me on saturday..... america here i come
    yeah you still need to find a placement don't you?

like on the open/fair days, where people que for houers to get in, then different stalls will either say "we want you, sign here and you'll be on our camp" or they just say "not what we want atm"
    think getting a palcement will be harder with the recession (said my interviewer) since the camps would rather employee americans, but still they will recruit some british :rolleyes:

Usually people will start recieveing placement in Nov...not long...

ReputationRep:
    interview tomorrow eek eek eek! will let you all know how it goes/what sort of things they ask ! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph222)
    interview tomorrow eek eek eek! will let you all know how it goes/what sort of things they ask ! xx
    I have an interview tomarrow. What do you think they are going to ask at the Interview?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys but don't worry at all about it..:p:
    You will find places considering how early you are.
    :p: Just under 8months to go...ahhh...

ReputationRep:
    phew!!!
    really not sure how well i did at interview but it's out of my control now, just need to wait for the letter eek...!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.