Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It all sounds very exciting I'm going to apply next year I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sarah!)
    i have done all of that now, got all my references on there, the only thing i need to do now is upload my 2 activity photos which im finding really hard to do because im usually the one taking pictures! lol... What kind of photos have you guys uploaded?

Just upload a picture of you doing some sort of activity! If there's any mountains near you.. that you can hike up? then take the camera with you! Also if you have any young cousins etc.. take a pic with them!

I just had a picture of this big mountain near me that I often hike and the other one was on old photo of when I was in brownies haha! I really couldn't think of anything else to put! But they didn't mention anything about my pics so they must of been ok!
    Its just so they can see that your a fun person who likes doing different activities!

ReputationRep:
    Just came across this topic and thought I'd join in..

The same day i got sent an email telling me to answer newer questions on the application, i have done all of that now, got all my references on there, the only thing i need to do now is upload my 2 activity photos which im finding really hard to do because im usually the one taking pictures! lol... What kind of photos have you guys uploaded?
    I uploaded one of me in a sports team, not acctually taking part, just a stand still of the whole team sitting in the goal,but now I have some awesome action photos of me playing hockey..but a well
    and the second one I tacked up my horse and forced my mum to take a photo of me, but I was only standing..so they arn't very good photos but still they are good enough..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I've uploaded some random photo of myself from my girl guiding days lol...
    and for the 2nd one I'm going to put a photo up of me doing arts and crafts... havent got the photo yet... going to take it on friday, because on friday i work in a nursery and all the staff and kids have to dress as animals for 'children in need'. So i think that will be a good idea for a photo..... may look a bit wacky, but hey, thats what some camps like i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I've uploaded some random photo of myself from my girl guiding days lol...
    and for the 2nd one I'm going to put a photo up of me doing arts and crafts... havent got the photo yet... going to take it on friday, because on friday i work in a nursery and all the staff and kids have to dress as animals for 'children in need'. So i think that will be a good idea for a photo..... may look a bit wacky, but hey, thats what some camps like i guess.
    I used to work in a nursery not long ago - loved it! Make sure the nursery are ok with it as you may have to get permission from the kids parents...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    I used to work in a nursery not long ago - loved it! Make sure the nursery are ok with it as you may have to get permission from the kids parents...
    Yeah thats what I plan to do, going to talk to my supervisor about it.... if not , i may just ask my supervisor to take a pic of me doing arts and crafts without the children being in it.

I just got an email from camp america saying:

"Thank you for uploading your certificate on mycampamerica.com. Unfortunately, we will be unable to use the photographs you have provided and ask that you upload some additional photos for inclusion with your application."

:confused: , I uploaded a picture of me from Guides, i dont understand why i cannot use it because it relates to my girl guiding skills on my application... oh great now thats another picture i have to create!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats what I plan to do, going to talk to my supervisor about it.... if not , i may just ask my supervisor to take a pic of me doing arts and crafts without the children being in it.

I just got an email from camp america saying:

"Thank you for uploading your certificate on mycampamerica.com. Unfortunately, we will be unable to use the photographs you have provided and ask that you upload some additional photos for inclusion with your application."

:confused: , I uploaded a picture of me from Guides, i dont understand why i cannot use it because it relates to my girl guiding skills on my application... oh great now thats another picture i have to create!
    Oh that's weird!! have you got a bike?! get someone to take a pic of you on it.! Anything will do!

Weird because they accepted my brownie pic when I was about 7! ha

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its because i wasnt doing an activity in it, it was just a group shot picture, i thought it will be okay though because ive explained my skills, and that picture is sorta like proof im not lying. Yeah I'll end of doing anything to get them two pictures done, also I've seen one of my references got rejected, so i need to go back to my old school and ask my teacher to write me another one. Today hasnt been a good day for my ca application lol.

ReputationRep:
    Are u with camp america??
    If so, email your interviewer and ask her why its rejecting it!! Because my 2nd pic was just a mountain(and I wasn't even in the pic!)

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'm with camp america. I know why my reference got rejected, but not sure about the picture. If i cant get a second picture I'll email her and ask her why. She might of been the one who rejected it! Its just annoying because i wanted my application to be going around camps before christmas, and i keep getting delayed.

Are you going back to camp next year?

ReputationRep:
    anyone been placed yet?

ReputationRep:
    Just came across this topic and thought I'd join in..

My cousin done camp america a few years ago and ever since I've always wanted to do it but i was never old enough, but now is my chance.

I applied in the middle of October and paid my 1st deposit and filled out the application. Had my interview on the 8th november (i was so nervous, now i realise i didnt have to be) , my interview went very quick, she just asked me why i wanted to do the program and my experience with kids. Also the fact i didnt have to fill out any crb check forms sped up the interview (i didnt have to because ive just had one done) .

The same day i got sent an email telling me to answer newer questions on the application, i have done all of that now, got all my references on there, the only thing i need to do now is upload my 2 activity photos which im finding really hard to do because im usually the one taking pictures! lol... What kind of photos have you guys uploaded?
    I uploaded one picture of me quad biking and another picture of me participating in a volunteering project!

ReputationRep:
    I can't w8, i have go my interview in Feb. I really hope i get in. If i get placed, i am unsure about how much money to take for traveling once camp is over. Hw much is every1 else thinking of taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayleyjk)
    I can't w8, i have go my interview in Feb. I really hope i get in. If i get placed, i am unsure about how much money to take for traveling once camp is over. Hw much is every1 else thinking of taking?
    I spent $1500 in total and I honestly wouldn't be to tell you where that went. Also my recommendation for travelling is megabus because you can get tickets for $1!!

ReputationRep:
    I've finally got my activity photos on, all i need is my 2nd reference from my teacher then my application can be checked and sent round to the camps ... I'm just stressing over this reference.... i emailed my teacher to write it again because it got rejected 1st time round because he forgot to hand sign in.... and he hasnt replied to my email, so i may ring my old school tomorrow and ask them to give him a reminder... because i want my application to be going round before christmas.

Cool, but howcomes your interview is all the way in Feb? .... I had my interview 2 weeks after I applied ...... but also, yh, thats a good question, I have no idea how much money to take if i go out there. £500 should be enough right? lol

ReputationRep:
    Cool, but howcomes your interview is all the way in Feb? .... I had my interview 2 weeks after I applied ...... but also, yh, thats a good question, I have no idea how much money to take if i go out there. £500 should be enough right? lol
    Well they gave me a choice of dates bt i chose feb as it gives me more time to get some more experience. So have u passed the inteview stage? what was th interview like?

I haven't got a clue about how much money to take, i was thinking about £500-£1000. Plus we get some money from camp aswel! i just haven't a clue, i don't want to take to little. (thats even if i get in lol).

ReputationRep:
    Well they gave me a choice of dates bt i chose feb as it gives me more time to get some more experience. So have u passed the inteview stage? what was th interview like?

I haven't got a clue about how much money to take, i was thinking about £500-£1000. Plus we get some money from camp aswel! i just haven't a clue, i don't want to take to little. (thats even if i get in lol).
    Yep, well i think i have, seeing that i got an email afterwards asking me to fill out extra questions on theapplication.

The interview was fine, i was so nervous , but it was just an informal chat. She just asked me why i wanted to do CA, and if i had experience, and asked me about my college course (because I'm studying childcare). Thats pretty much it really, went good, and like i said later that night i had to fill out some more questions. Thats where I'm up to now..... all i need to do now is upload 1 more reference, and then it can be looked at and then if accepted sent round the camps.

Yeah i think between £500-£1000 is enough..... i dont think I'll be taking a grand, i dont have that much money lol..... I'm a 1st timer too so i dont know, why dont you ask on the CA forums? ... you can post on there as a guest now

ReputationRep:
    £1000 for me...I want to visit as many palces as I can, and visit the grand canyon, bunji jumping/sky diving and want to spend some time in some of the big cities like florida, chicago, NY and vegas how...I have no idea yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    £1000 for me...I want to visit as many palces as I can, and visit the grand canyon, bunji jumping/sky diving and want to spend some time in some of the big cities like florida, chicago, NY and vegas how...I have no idea yet...
    I ended up going to Grand canyon, Chicago and vegas - was really disappointed with vegas though! quite a let down!
    Kinda like the blackpool of america and lots of gangs on street corners!

OH and I had like no money when I applied! - CA payments came to £900 - Used my overdraft(which I still need to pay back!) ..I think I took like £200 with me!
    And I just used my wages to travel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    I ended up going to Grand canyon, Chicago and vegas - was really disappointed with vegas though! quite a let down!
    Kinda like the blackpool of america and lots of gangs on street corners!

OH and I had like no money when I applied! - CA payments came to £900 - Used my overdraft(which I still need to pay back!) ..I think I took like £200 with me!
    And I just used my wages to travel!
    a cool!!
    I'm still undecided to which city to visit..
    but grand canyon is a deffinate
    what date did you leave the US?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.