Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    AHHHH you are so incredibly right! Imagine if I did all that and then I didn't get placed haha
    That is what kept stopping me from doing it!

Wait until you get placed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    That is what kept stopping me from doing it!

Wait until you get placed?

Hmm.. I could do that, but if it was really close to when I fly out that would be a bit mean! Ahhh...... I think I'm just gonna say tonight '' I really want to do it.. it's a chance of a lifetime... I can make a difference to childrens lives whilst meeting so many amazing people. You know I've always wanted to go to America, and I don't want to just do nothing in Summer, so... yeah '' I wonder if I act like super super super happy, whether he would dare to say to me he doesnt want to be with me... sall have to see! So how was your experience? Absolutely amazing I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. I could do that, but if it was really close to when I fly out that would be a bit mean! Ahhh...... I think I'm just gonna say tonight '' I really want to do it.. it's a chance of a lifetime... I can make a difference to childrens lives whilst meeting so many amazing people. You know I've always wanted to go to America, and I don't want to just do nothing in Summer, so... yeah '' I wonder if I act like super super super happy, whether he would dare to say to me he doesnt want to be with me... sall have to see! So how was your experience? Absolutely amazing I guess!
    Yeah do say that! Don't give him the chance to make you feel down that you're leaving him for the summer. Just keep things quite light. Otherwise you wont want to go. It's not like you're going away for the whole year! Could he not meet you out there when camp is over??

Was best experience of my life so far. It's really changed me as a person. I read that from someone before I went but I thought how can it change you?? but it has. Just working with kids who had cancer etc.. was just amazing for me. And flying out on my own! I can't believe I actually made it there and back lol because i'm crap with buses and trains! usually end up taking the wrong route! hehe

keep us all updated on your application!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Why don't you ask him if he can fly over after your camp finishes and you can go travelling together? Then he will feel more included and it will give him a nice holiday to look forward to while you're away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Mandy ~)
    Why don't you ask him if he can fly over after your camp finishes and you can go travelling together? Then he will feel more included and it will give him a nice holiday to look forward to while you're away.

That sounds like a good idea Just depends if he can afford it, hes a bit of a bum at the moment :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, I'm getting pre-camp nerves already, and it's still 6 months away!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Apologies if this has already been asked, but having looked through the first 100 posts or so and finding very little about it, I thought I'd ask anyway:

Me and my girlfriend are both planning to apply (probably with CCUSA) for an American camp job this summer. Naturally we would both like to be placed in the same camp, however having read around other websites, we're both aware that the chances of that happening are pretty slim. Our best bet looks to be attending one of the recruitment fairs in Feb, but living in Belfast, we'd have to pay for flights to get over to England for the day, so that idea is a last resort.

So I was just wondering does anyone have any advice on how to better your chances of getting placed in the same camp as someone else? And also has anyone here every managed to get placed in a camp with a friend?

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KevDP4L)

........So I was just wondering does anyone have any advice on how to better your chances of getting placed in the same camp as someone else? And also has anyone here every managed to get placed in a camp with a friend?

Thanks!!
    I don't think its that likely as I've been told that many camps aren't keen on relationships between staff plus you won't really have much time alone together when you have kids running around you!

You could try emailing camps that interest you and try to get placed that way, I think you would have more luck that way.

Or maybe even be at different camps that are close together then you could visit each other. You sometimes have sister and brothers camps.

xbx

ReputationRep:
    Well everyone, I did it! Paid my first installment, and I'm going to go to the Edinburgh recruitment fair, as I'll go see my best friend at the same time so I'm really excited! Just worried about getting my references in time.

ReputationRep:
    Good for you. I need to get my references too. My interview is on ylthe 10th Jan. I kinda excited but scared. Anyone have any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_girl)
    Good for you. I need to get my references too. My interview is on ylthe 10th Jan. I kinda excited but scared. Anyone have any tips?
    my interviewer hasnt contacted me yet do you know when we can log into the participants bit?

ReputationRep:
    Should be a link to the forum on the Camp America homepage, that's what I assumed was the participants bit.

For your interview you tend to just talk about the skills you put down on your application, why you wish to do Camp America, childcare experience you have etc.. Its really nothing to worry about ;D Mine went fine and I had worked a 6pm-2am shift at the Royal Mail the night before, so I was rather tired.

Finally finished answering the three questions that pop up after your interview, the character count such a pain & why it took me a couple of weeks to do them. Major pro of me having my Christmas job is that I can write about my experience working long hours doing tasks...

ReputationRep:
    my interviewer hasnt contacted me yet do you know when we can log into the participants bit?
    If you applied late december it is likely you have got a reply as there are little interviewers doing any christmas interviews (so i've heard). Also i dont think the interviewers reply mail over xmas break as they are kind of off duty.

You will probably get a reply sometime after Monday when term time is back. You should also note that some interviews have 10 or so interviews in the first week or so in the new year.
    (all from CA forums of interviews talking about interviews, intakes etc)

I hope you get a reply soon

Im very excited about it all.

Oh yeah the participants zone can only be accessed (using CA direct email and password) once your application has been completed, so when you've had yor interview, and finished off the remaining new questions. It used to be pen to public a few months ago but not anymore cant wait to be able to post :yep:

ReputationRep:
    whose going with ccusa? just put my application in there!! anyone been placed yet??

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah and also, are there interviewers for ccusa in northern ireland or will i be expected to go elsewhere??

ReputationRep:
    I have filled in my application form but I am unsure if I want to do it! I don't have many skills, the only skills I listed was photography, horse care and farming! :p: I'm not sure I will be placed!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah do say that! Don't give him the chance to make you feel down that you're leaving him for the summer. Just keep things quite light. Otherwise you wont want to go. It's not like you're going away for the whole year! Could he not meet you out there when camp is over??

Was best experience of my life so far. It's really changed me as a person. I read that from someone before I went but I thought how can it change you?? but it has. Just working with kids who had cancer etc.. was just amazing for me. And flying out on my own! I can't believe I actually made it there and back lol because i'm crap with buses and trains! usually end up taking the wrong route! hehe

keep us all updated on your application!

Hey was it really life-changing...how so? I'm just as sceptical as you were beforem you jetted off. I want to do it this year but I'm under 21 and people who I've spoken to have said that I won't have fun because I'll be the baby of the drink and everyone else will go out drinking and stuff.....? How old are you and what do camp people do in their free time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Esmerelda)
    Hey was it really life-changing...how so? I'm just as sceptical as you were beforem you jetted off. I want to do it this year but I'm under 21 and people who I've spoken to have said that I won't have fun because I'll be the baby of the drink and everyone else will go out drinking and stuff.....? How old are you and what do camp people do in their free time?
    I can't really explain why but you will realise if you do it. Now that i'm back home I feel completely different to before I went.

Really wouldnt worry about being under 21 at all. (I was 19 and so were a lot of others.)
    People under that age always have house parties in america, I went to quite a lot and was fun!

also a lot would drink on the camp grounds, I didn't because if you got caught you could be on a plane back home! It was mainly americans who did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la.de.da)
    I have filled in my application form but I am unsure if I want to do it! I don't have many skills, the only skills I listed was photography, horse care and farming! :p: I'm not sure I will be placed!

I was EXACTLY the same. I filled it in just thinking.. I probably wont do it or get placed and the amount of times I nearly withdraw my application! lol

Doesn't matter if you don't have many skills just put what you could do and say you're very willing to learn!

DO IT! you only live once!

ReputationRep:
    I was EXACTLY the same. I filled it in just thinking.. I probably wont do it or get placed and the amount of times I nearly withdraw my application! lol

Doesn't matter if you don't have many skills just put what you could do and say you're very willing to learn!

DO IT! you only live once!
    You're right! On my next pay day I should send it, and also get some references! I don't think the children will take me seriously though, I look about 14 still. :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.