Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    see i all your applications when it asked you to list your skills? how many did u put? i know in camp america the max is 15 but for ccusa you can put how mnay you want? did yous put loads or just a few?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help me, i cant open up the complete and return document on the ccusa application?

ReputationRep:
    email ccusa keepsmilin thats maybe the best bet [email protected]

if anyone needs any advice http://www.summercampworldwide.com is a useful websites with lots of advice

ReputationRep:
    Do the offices generally open up again today? I cant wait to get moving with this application! I've still not decided who to use eek! - Camp Leaders/CCUSA/CA But I've filled out two apps with CL and CCUSA and just need them to reply to one of my rambling emails and decide! I think I'm leaning towards CL because they seem so nice on the phone, but the fact they have such a high placement rate makes me think they must be very picky...

ReputationRep:
    Yes everyone should be back in work today, give them a call, the sooner you get your application in the better

Good luck...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    I was EXACTLY the same. I filled it in just thinking.. I probably wont do it or get placed and the amount of times I nearly withdraw my application! lol

Doesn't matter if you don't have many skills just put what you could do and say you're very willing to learn!

DO IT! you only live once!
    I feel exactly like this! I so so want to do it but I'm such a wimp im not sure im brave enough!

I have gone for the interview, and finished the application just need to upload and send off my references now and pay for my CRB.

I don't think I'll end up getting placed either - just have a bad feeling about it

ReputationRep:
    Is having First Aid qualifications, work with St. Johns Ambulance any use for applications?

ReputationRep:
    ok can anyway help me please

im trying to do my ccusa application. i have filled in all the bits and just need to copy and paste my essay in and pay my money. is that then my application in?

when do i need to send off the passport photo and references and stuff?

am i best just to send me app off now or get all the refernces and stuff done as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elissabeth)
    Is having First Aid qualifications, work with St. Johns Ambulance any use for applications?
    Yep! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    I feel exactly like this! I so so want to do it but I'm such a wimp im not sure im brave enough!

I have gone for the interview, and finished the application just need to upload and send off my references now and pay for my CRB.

I don't think I'll end up getting placed either - just have a bad feeling about it

Honestly if I can do it anyone can. I thought I wasn't brave enough! the waiting it the hardest part but actually doing it - wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Yes, there were lots of scary times and I had to be brave as I was on my own out there but it will change you for the better. I only cried one time when I was over there - when I had to say goodbye to everyone!(': and I thought id get really upset from being so far away from home.

I actually gave up all hope of getting placed and even started to apply for jobs ready for the summer!
    If you don't get placed it's not the end of the world! you can always re-apply to a different company/another year! So you have nothing to lose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    Honestly if I can do it anyone can. I thought I wasn't brave enough! the waiting it the hardest part but actually doing it - wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Yes, there were lots of scary times and I had to be brave as I was on my own out there but it will change you for the better. I only cried one time when I was over there - when I had to say goodbye to everyone!(': and I thought id get really upset from being so far away from home.

I actually gave up all hope of getting placed and even started to apply for jobs ready for the summer!
    If you don't get placed it's not the end of the world! you can always re-apply to a different company/another year! So you have nothing to lose!
    Thank you for the response! Its made me feel a little better
    Do you know if a large proportion of people don't get placed? Or do most end up somewhere?

ReputationRep:
    i did my application back in september and still having alot of trouble finding my second reference! I had one from a family friend but obviously they couldnt accept that, then i had one from someone from work but he said he was unable to get a letterhead or business card from anywhere and they wouldnt accept it without. its gettin late now and im gettin really worried that by the time i finaly find someone it will be too late to be placed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charisma_1630)
    i did my application back in september and still having alot of trouble finding my second reference! I had one from a family friend but obviously they couldnt accept that, then i had one from someone from work but he said he was unable to get a letterhead or business card from anywhere and they wouldnt accept it without. its gettin late now and im gettin really worried that by the time i finaly find someone it will be too late to be placed!
    Don't worry too much, there is still plenty of time. I don't even have one reference sorted yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Thank you for the response! Its made me feel a little better
    Do you know if a large proportion of people don't get placed? Or do most end up somewhere?

I would guess this year that between 60% and 75% of people will be placed. the organisations are also being much more selective this year!

ReputationRep:
    I need a second reference. Its proving hard. I havent seen my college teacher in a year so if he fills out the open character ref form it says what contact have you had in the last 12 months and i havent seen him. If he writes none will this ref be rejected? Its been like 16 or 17 months since ive seen him. Will they accept this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.hunton)
    I would guess this year that between 60% and 75% of people will be placed. the organisations are also being much more selective this year!
    Oh dear I'm really hoping to go. I've got previous camp experience, worked at a camp in the UK for three years as a Group Leader and as an Activities Co-ordinator. I havn't got any specific skills though, just have led arts and crafts at this camp before and I think that could let me down.

If you are rejected do you always get your money back?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone went through the ccusa application?

i have everything in and it says my application is "complete"

what is the next step?

when should i next hear from them?

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview on the 21st January Excited! I just hope I get a place so bad, like really bad, I really REALLY want to go I'm even tempted to go to all 3 recruitment fairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schpanzy)
    Do the offices generally open up again today? I cant wait to get moving with this application! I've still not decided who to use eek! - Camp Leaders/CCUSA/CA But I've filled out two apps with CL and CCUSA and just need them to reply to one of my rambling emails and decide! I think I'm leaning towards CL because they seem so nice on the phone, but the fact they have such a high placement rate makes me think they must be very picky...
    I went with Camp Leaders (well I applied with USA Summercamp but they use Camp Leaders) and me and the other person who did got paid $60 more than all the Camp America people. Plus I think their fees are less.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.