Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepsmilin)
    has anyone went through the ccusa application?

i have everything in and it says my application is "complete"

what is the next step?

when should i next hear from them?
    they'll phone you about organising an informal interview
    then theyll email saying youve been accepted onto the scheme like a week later
    ummm then they start tryin to place you somewhere, i did a phone interview with a camp that decided they didnt want me but then got an email syaing i had been offered a place on a camp in texas

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your reply! im gettn realy excited now

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to go back to my camp; i emailed my camp director this morning, but she hasn't replied. I'm really worried they don't want me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loulabell)
    I'm hoping to go back to my camp; i emailed my camp director this morning, but she hasn't replied. I'm really worried they don't want me!
    Have any other international staff heard from the camp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.hunton)
    Have any other international staff heard from the camp?
    I think I'm the only one to ask to return so far... it's a really small camp, only 24 staff

ReputationRep:
    Soo... just tried ringing my old sixth form to try and get references and had to leave a voicemail... hope they get it!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the list for which camps will be attending recruitment fairs will be up online? They said January but the list hasnt been added I really want to know which camps are attending the London fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_girl)
    Does anyone know when the list for which camps will be attending recruitment fairs will be up online? They said January but the list hasnt been added I really want to know which camps are attending the London fair
    Yes I'd really like to know this too! I want to get researching possibilities!

ReputationRep:
    is anyone gettin excited? i am!!

ReputationRep:
    me too im over-excited

ReputationRep:
    Lists are going to be put up tomorrow!!!! I cant wait

ReputationRep:
    r you with ccusa? im waiting for my interview to be organised!

ReputationRep:
    Im with camp america and have my interview on sunday. I hope i can get back to london for it!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard from my camp - they arent taking on anymore international staff this year as the director who had a stroke towards the end sent an email to us all saying there are now new owners!

Which is pretty sad really Even though I wouldn't of been able to go back this year because I will have Uni - only have about 4 weeks off in summer. Otherwise id definitely consider applying somewhere else!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys!
    i've started my application and chosen my interviewer and paid the first £60...

i was wondering if i can still attend the recruiment fairs?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can but may have to wait to enter the venue. Apparently they put people into two lines last year and those in the line where they hadnt had their application circulating/or complete didnt go in till a little later than those who had.

I heard this but someone might have a better explaination of what happens if your application is not complete.

But yes you can still attend recruitment fairs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    I've heard from my camp - they arent taking on anymore international staff this year as the director who had a stroke towards the end sent an email to us all saying there are now new owners!

Which is pretty sad really Even though I wouldn't of been able to go back this year because I will have Uni - only have about 4 weeks off in summer. Otherwise id definitely consider applying somewhere else!
    The not taking on internationals is very widespread this year. A wide range of camps are even telling their past international staff they cannot come back this year due to costs!

ReputationRep:
    heya
    Just applied with bunac (had my interview last sunday)

I was wondering if it was just camp america that have recruitment fairs? is there any way I can attend one?

I'm not very confident about getting a job and really want to look myself

ReputationRep:
    I think it is just CA and CCUSA, with CA being the largest. BUNAC applicants cannot get a job at a camp america fair without cancelling their bunac application and re-applying through CA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_girl)
    Yes you can but may have to wait to enter the venue. Apparently they put people into two lines last year and those in the line where they hadnt had their application circulating/or complete didnt go in till a little later than those who had.

I heard this but someone might have a better explaination of what happens if your application is not complete.

But yes you can still attend recruitment fairs
    Any ideas as to why this is? Mine is about to circulate (just have to upload and pay the second installment) but I really want to go and find a camp etc as I'm scared ill miss out.

In your experience what was the day like? Did many people get hired on the spot?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.