Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikesq)
    Was wondering if anyone can help me with this, i applied for Camp America and filled out the application form.

I was not successful and not offered an interview, when will i expect to have the deposit back?

Just a bit worried that i might get shafted out of 60 quid.

Cheers
    I feel your pain. I'm still waiting for the £100 I paid to CCUSA before they rejected me. I'm going to send them an email about it tomorrow asking them to give me a more firm idea of when I get it back. They said I definitely will and now my application with them no longer exists I'd rather it was done sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daeonica)
    Hey, I'm doing summer camp with bunac this year, got my place in January, and I'm getting so excited about it now! I'm waiting to hear from the embassy what time my appointment will be for my visa - I'm going for that on April 22nd, if anyone else is going to be there on the same day.

I'm so excited to be going this year, got all geared up last year with CA, was on Ready Steady Go until the last second but it didn't work out, so to have everything sorted by this point is great!

Anyone else going to camps in New Jersey?
    are ou going on one of the NJY camps in new jersey??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisyear!)
    Nah, it's a YMCA camp, called Camp Ockanickon, but I'll be on the girls residential one, which is Matollionequay. It's in the Medford Lakes, or something like that, a little bit east of Philadelphia.

ReputationRep:

Are you?

BTW the NJY Camps are in PA.

ReputationRep:
    anybody not placed yet?? been circulating since october!!!! was palced at the fair, but now I cant do the date coz of a maths re-sit exam! uccchhh

ReputationRep:
    Ouchhh, what camp did you have to turn down?
    Im back to emailing camps after 2 camps who wanted me had to turn me down because the filled there spaces before they interviewed me.

ReputationRep:
    Question for anyone doing KAMP/ camp america with bunac. I sent in my supporting documents/paid my fee last week and have not heard back from bunac and the supporting documents page on my account has not changed, does that mean my application hasn't been sent to the us yet? the thing is I can't get on to the supporting documents page either.

ReputationRep:
    Right people, advice time! I've FINALLY managed to get two people to say that they will do my references.. but they both can't send them to me, they are getting sent to the head office (hope thats the right place to send them!) so.. how long do you reckon it should be before it gets sorted and i'm circulating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    anybody not placed yet?? been circulating since october!!!! was palced at the fair, but now I cant do the date coz of a maths re-sit exam! uccchhh
    Don't worry just try and be patient. Remember they probably have loads of applications to look through!

I got placed MAY last year. So there's still hope for you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    Right people, advice time! I've FINALLY managed to get two people to say that they will do my references.. but they both can't send them to me, they are getting sent to the head office (hope thats the right place to send them!) so.. how long do you reckon it should be before it gets sorted and i'm circulating?

Once those references are checked and accepted then your pretty much on your way!

Have you done your CRB yet? When that's all done your application should be circulating soon after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    Once those references are checked and accepted then your pretty much on your way!

Have you done your CRB yet? When that's all done your application should be circulating soon after.
    I filled out a form in my interview, but thats it, I dont wanna pay for it until both my references are on the system, don't have the money to waste, I wouldn't be able to pay for it all until when the next student loans come through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.hunton)
    Are you?

BTW the NJY Camps are in PA.
    yep lake como - nesher are uou?

ReputationRep:
    I filled out a form in my interview, but thats it, I dont wanna pay for it until both my references are on the system, don't have the money to waste, I wouldn't be able to pay for it all until when the next student loans come through.
    Id pay the 36 quid for it now if I were you as the CRB Check can take 6-8 weeks to come through.

ReputationRep:

Ok - well once you pay it , a couple weeks later your application will be circulating. So the sooner the better really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    Ok - well once you pay it , a couple weeks later your application will be circulating. So the sooner the better really!
    I suppose. I'm really nervous about my references, I know that my tutor will definetly send his to thehead office, but I'm not sure about the sainsburys one. Because they wont accept reference requests from employees, it has to be someone from camp america doing it, I couldnt get hold of my interviewer, so I rang the head office, and some woman said she would ring them for me, but I don't know for definete that she got through to them... so I rang the head office again today and they said they can't help me unless I've got the name of the woman i spoke to which I don't (stupidly)so...

ReputationRep:
    hey! im thinking of doing a trek america afterwards! which tour are you doing?
    I finish CA on the 20th of august and i dont start uni til 20th of sept so i have plenty of time has anyone done trek america before? i looked in the brochure and they all look amazingi cant choose!
    I'm going on the Freedom Trial, leaving on the 8th August! I really struggled to pick one, but these dates worked out perfect for me!

ReputationRep:
    hey! im thinking of doing a trek america afterwards! which tour are you doing?
    I finish CA on the 20th of august and i dont start uni til 20th of sept so i have plenty of time has anyone done trek america before? i looked in the brochure and they all look amazingi cant choose!
    I was looking at doing a Trek America tour and was torn between two- Rocky Mountain High and SOuthern Sun but in the end I've decided not to do one. They do sound amazing but they are so expensive and I could probably do most of it for less. Plus I'm hoping to travel with other internationals from my camp and I;ll probably have a better time with them rather than 12 strangers :P

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your passport back after your visa appointment?? I am going on holiday in May and was going to make an appointment for April but I would be so worried it wasnt going to be back in time!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard you normally get it back in 3 days but it can take up to a week?

ReputationRep:
    Last year I think we were told about a week, but mine was back to me within about 3 days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.