Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a place at Berkeley Uni in California for SIG (institute for the gifted) think its kinda summer school for smart kids pretty much. 17th June - 31st July then planning on travelling most of August. So if you're gonna be in CA around those dates, or if your flying from heathrow - san francisco on the 17th june let me know!
    Oh and anyone else ask for a small camp america tshirt and get given a large? im gutted means i cant wear it out and about everywhere

ReputationRep:
    still not placed!!!! arggg, it not like I have a crap application, but my passport needs updating hopr thats not the cause! :/

ReputationRep:
    Woo, got my passport back with my visa! So excited now

(Original post by Jennifer.Claire)
    Oh and anyone else ask for a small camp america tshirt and get given a large? im gutted means i cant wear it out and about everywhere
    Hey, if you have a look on the CA forums, there is a 't-shirt swap shop', where you can try and find someone with a small that didn't want it, or at least a medium. Have a look and see x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennifer.Claire)
    I got a place at Berkeley Uni in California for SIG (institute for the gifted) think its kinda summer school for smart kids pretty much. 17th June - 31st July then planning on travelling most of August. So if you're gonna be in CA around those dates, or if your flying from heathrow - san francisco on the 17th june let me know!
    Yep, I asked for Medium and got a Large, it looks stupid!

ReputationRep:
    Woooooooo not long to go!!!!!!!!!!!

It might be an idea to post your camp here to find other people also going
    http://www.summercampworldwide.com/c...wforum.php?f=4

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to be placed >< Kinda disappointed about this seeing as horse ridings meant to be a wanted skill and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amstead)
    Still waiting to be placed >< Kinda disappointed about this seeing as horse ridings meant to be a wanted skill and all.
    sme :mad:
    I want to know, coz if I dont get palced much cheaper to book flight to other places now rather than later!!!

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't been placed either! I applied through Bunac and as it's now after May 7th, I can asked to be taken off the books without a financial penalty or anything. Any idea how to go about doing it, do I just email them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikesq)
    I'm off to Maine mid june, can't wait to get there. Got the exact placement i wanted and now i am perfectly placed afterwards to see New York, Boston and Philadelphia.
    Hah im going to Maine mid june too! Whats the name of your camp?

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take for people to get their passport and visa back from the embassy? I have mine on 3rd June (can't go any earlier due to exams), but I fly out on 14th June so I am a little worried I won't get it back in time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_k)
    How long did it take for people to get their passport and visa back from the embassy? I have mine on 3rd June (can't go any earlier due to exams), but I fly out on 14th June so I am a little worried I won't get it back in time!
    Mine took 5 days...shouldn't take longer than a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionmark)
    Mine took 5 days...shouldn't take longer than a week.
    Mine also took 5 days, they get it back pretty sharpish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpugh1)
    Hah im going to Maine mid june too! Whats the name of your camp?

Maine Golf & Tennis academy , yourself?

ReputationRep:
    How much does this whole camp thing cost?

ReputationRep:
    depends on the company, check the summer camp worldwide website it has lots of useful info!

Summer is so close!!!

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to request an earlier Visa appointment or at least battle with bunac to not make the waiting time between getting the passport back and your flight?

My camp is offering a position to go back on June 8th.. but bunac say the earliest visa app is june 3rd and they wouldn't advise booking a flight before the 14th because of the waiting time.

I went last year but I really can't remember how long it took to have your passport sent back, not longer than a few days though is it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexicle89)
    I went last year but I really can't remember how long it took to have your passport sent back, not longer than a few days though is it?!
    My appointment was a Thurday and it arrived the following Wednesday, so 5 working days, which I think is what they quote.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to request an earlier Visa appointment or at least battle with bunac to not make the waiting time between getting the passport back and your flight?

My camp is offering a position to go back on June 8th.. but bunac say the earliest visa app is june 3rd and they wouldn't advise booking a flight before the 14th because of the waiting time.

If you booked a visa appt on your own, you may be able to get one earlier than that I think.

My visa took 5 or 6 days to come back in the end.

ReputationRep:

I was supposed to have mine through BUNAC on June 3rd....but I got a call from them saying the embassy have added 3 extra dates...27th may, 1st june and 2nd june - so they asked me to move my embassy earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Lol i cant believe parents are paying 10,000 dollars for their kids to attend the camp im going too (for 7 weeks!!). Is this a typical price of a camp in the US? :O

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.