Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically i have exercising about 4 times a week, to get fit. I excercise every other day i.e. mon, wed, fri, sun and then tue, thur, sat, mon ans so forth. My exercise involves me doing 2 hour of cardio, and then an intense all over body toning exercise which include sit ups, squats etc (for about an hour).

I ensure that i eat the at least 2000calories, 20g of protien, 70g of fat, drink 2 litres of water and so forth. The problem is that i have realised that despite eatring correctly, i constantly feel unwell and light headed. I experience stomach pains, i recently threw up and i have noticed that my excretion is now black!!! I am really worried as i think this may mean that i am internally bleeding!! I am soon to go to the doctor but i just wanted to ask... Anyone experienced this before? Do anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Have you eaten anything with a high concentration if iron? Such as guinness, or a huge amount of red meat?This can cause faeces to appear black.

It sounds like you're over doing it a bit with the exercise if you're feeling light headed and whatnot, but I wouldn't exactly call it a "body breakdown".

ReputationRep:
    Someone once posted in reply to a possibly urgent health problem something along the lines of; "Medical problem? Potentially dangerous? Quick! To the Internet!"

Go to a doctor ;D

(Original post by hannahradford)
    Have you eaten anything with a high concentration if iron? Such as guinness, or a huge amount of red meat?This can cause faeces to appear black.

It sounds like you're over doing it a bit with the exercise if you're feeling light headed and whatnot, but I wouldn't exactly call it a "body breakdown".
    I eat a lot of chicken (but that's not red meat). The reason i called it a body breakdown is because since starting my workout i have other health problems. For instance i occassionally cough up pieces of creamish coloured things...apparently it could be my throat deteriorating. (I hope not and just live life to the fullest) :yes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I eat a lot of chicken (but that's not red meat). The reason i called it a body breakdown is because since starting my workout i have other health problems. For instance i occassionally cough up pieces of creamish coloured things...apparently it could be my throat deteriorating. (I hope not and just live life to the fullest) :yes:

Well it could just be a viral infection, but exercising with an infection will over-encuber your immune system, making your viral symptoms appear worse.

ReputationRep:
    That happened to my grandma...it's a sign of internal bleeding that's what she had and she experience the same things you described. I'd see a doctor ASAP. :hugs:

edit meant to quote the opening post not this one

(Original post by Scarletwings92)
    That happened to my grandma...it's a sign of internal bleeding that's what she had and she experience the same things you described. I'd see a doctor ASAP. :hugs:
    Please tell me that you are joking!!!!! How can it really be internal bledding? What have i done to bleed internally? What inside me could be bleeding? YOU ARE REALLY SCARING ME!!!!

p.s if you are joking plaese say

ReputationRep:
    That sounds horrible :eek:

I would say 2 hours of cardio + resistance all in one day is probably too much though. Why not an hour cardio each day, plus resistance 3 times a week, with a 1 or 2 day break?

Also, I think 70g of fat may be too much, although that is the RDA. However, it differs for everyone.

These are moot points as regards the whole illness thing, though. That's gotta be unrelated?

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me that you are joking!!!!! How can it really be internal bledding? What have i done to bleed internally? What inside me could be bleeding? YOU ARE REALLY SCARING ME!!!!

I don't think somebody would joke about something this serious. Don't panic, she's not diagnosing you, it's just a sign. I had signs of bowel cancer and all it turned out to be was stress.
    :woo:

But I would see a doctor ASAP, better safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:

:doctor: It may be nothing or you may be bleeding somewhere along your gut. Go and see a doctor rather than get yourself worked up by reading stuff on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Wow this sounds serious, i suggest you go docs as just suggested

ReputationRep:
    firstly, 70g of fat is not to much, if its good fat (non saturated) then your fine.

2 hours of cardio, to much stress on the body. No wonder yor ody is breaking down

Healthy eating? wat does healthy eating mean to you for starters?

cut the 2 hou cardio, 1 hour is optimum, unless your training for the olympics and followin a proper athletic diet, dont even try. You will do yourself more harm then good.

ReputationRep:

relax I didn't mean to scare you but I'm not joking either :hugs: I'm not diagnosing you just giving you advice from personal experience is all.
    stress can can cause internal bleeding/ulcers. spicy foods can as well but don't think that would be the case...

just see a doctor it might help ease your mind as TSR isn't really gonna be of much help :hugs:

all the best x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.