Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently at Uni. Essex (Colchester) and hopefully going to get a first class honour in Business Management and I'm thinking about applying for the MPhil in Management offered by Cambridge.

The Judge Institute requires a GMAT test score of 700+ for its MBA, but will I need to take the GMAT test to apply for the MPhil in Management?

Also, does anyone know how the Cambridge MPhil in Management compares to the MPhil in Management Science and Operations?

Any help from someone who knows a thing or two would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UAC)
    I'm currently at Uni. Essex (Colchester) and hopefully going to get a first class honour in Business Management and I'm thinking about applying for the MPhil in Management offered by Cambridge.

The Judge Institute requires a GMAT test score of 700+ for its MBA, but will I need to take the GMAT test to apply for the MPhil in Management?

Also, does anyone know how the Cambridge MPhil in Management compares to the MPhil in Management Science and Operations?

Any help from someone who knows a thing or two would be great.
    MPhil Management is one of the most competitive programs and you need atleast 1st class.

GMAT is not compulsory for MPhil Management but it will increase your chances for admission.

MPhil Management is a taught program for non business graduates and I will not recommend it to you because you are already doing a business degree.

MPhil in Management Science and Operations is a research degree and I will highly recommend it to you if you got interest in research.

Few other degrees you can look into are

MSc Management Research-Oxford

LSE-Management courses

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be this rule that masters in management and MBA's in most of the top Universities are for non-business undergrad students. what do you think is a good written discourse subject to diversify into as a masters degree for a business undergrad?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the point of a masters in management with a degree in Business Studies tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verticalforce)
    I don't see the point of a masters in management with a degree in Business Studies tbh.
    Let's assume your point is valid. Then what would a business undergrad do as a master's?

I'm considering the MPhil in International Relations at Cambrigde.
    Obviously, I'll have to prove myself, coming from a business background.

Thats why I'm writing two literary reviews on both Kant's ethics (9,000 words) and Foucault's bio-politics (8,000 words) with a view to finding a good thesis.

Will this have any effect on the Board's perception of my interests in IR? I don't know if it's worth doing.

ReputationRep:
    UAC - Did you apply for the MPhil in Management programme? I am the Marketing Manager for the course so any questions you have I'd be more than happy to answer.

ReputationRep:
    Hi James,

Any details on the timeframes involved for the applications?

Z

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who got offers for the MPhil Management.....we need to unite !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoya.kamal)
    Anyone who got offers for the MPhil Management.....we need to unite !
    hey, judging from your message i believe u already have an offer for MPhil management!..congrats!!..could you kindly share ure educational profile and when did u apply and when u heard from them...cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am also an applicant to this program but I am still waiting for their reply!!!! They seem to take forever arent they??? ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesdean1984)
    UAC - Did you apply for the MPhil in Management programme? I am the Marketing Manager for the course so any questions you have I'd be more than happy to answer.
    No in the end I thought opted to apply for another course. Thanks for asking.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.