Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so basically I love English and always have, but I've messed up a bit on the A level front. I'm predicted an A in English and a B/C in Media (A levels) and an A in Film (AS). I've also got an E in AS Communications Media, an E in AS Graphics and a D in AS Photography, which sounds pretty awful, but basically I chose all the wrong subjects (aside from English, Media and Film) and so I've not got the best grades. However if I add up the points it doesn't look TOO bad, I just wondered which were the best universities for English that would accept me with these grades?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go and look at the times and guardian league tables, then look at which ones would take you with your grades.

ReputationRep:
    Lots and lots of universities offer English as a degree, order lots of prospectuses and find out which would take you. Your grades aren't really that bad at all and quite a few of the very good universities for English have suprisingly low grade requirements. For example, Queens University Belfast have a very flexible system - you can (in theory) even get in with just two A levels. Goldsmiths in London also ask for similiar (If I remember correctly!) results and are about 15th in the league tables.
    Also, some universities (Liverpool and Leicester for example) will accept general studies as one of your A-levels.
    Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.