Turn on thread page Beta

I have noticed lately in the mornings in particular, I feel light headedish. Maybe it has something to do with my sleep/diet. I'd say at the moment generally speaking I'm going to sleep at around 3 AM most mornings, sometimes a bit earlier and sometimes a tad later! And I'm waking up anytime between 11 and 2 in the afternoon, although some times a bit before 11. Today I woke up at about 11:50 and had breakfast at about 13:30. Sometimes I won't have much at all for breakfast, maybe just a banana. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but like I said especially in the mornings I start to feel quite dizzy, like I might be walking and my head just doesn't feel 100% there. I might see my GP, just thought I'd post it here anyways, do you think this is down to my sleep/diet?

ReputationRep:
    I get this quite a lot and it's usually not until after dinner at midday that I start to feel a bit more 'normal'! I've been checked over by the GP and he said it's nothing to worry about, but it's still probs best to go have a chat with yours. I find that if I go to bed hungry the lightheadiness/dizziness feels worse in the morning, so I tend to eat tea a bit later on. It's quite possible it could be related to sleep/diet but your GP is probably the best bet for the moment. Good luck! Oh, and even though you're anon, if you do want to pm me for more info etc, feel free

ReputationRep:
    It may be that you are no eating enough and obviously the dizzyness could be coming from lack of food.

If you are getting worried about it, go to the GP, they are likely to advise you on what they think it is and watch it incase it gets worse etc.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you've got low blood pressure (in this case postural hypotension). Associated with getting up too quickly, I wouldn't worry too much about it for now.

Get a GP to check you over though.

ReputationRep:
    i feel dizzy every morning ever since i can remember but it goes away in about 2 minutess
    and i always have a sore throat when i wake up too =S

ReputationRep:
    Dehydration?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.