Turn on thread page Beta

do you think i should work harder watch

ReputationRep:
    at the gym i tend to burn like 50 to 100 calories per machine and stay on a machine for 10 minutes because i just get really bored. i dont get bored of exercising, i just get bored of the same machine, so i like to alternate. i get a heart rate of like 170 to 190, is that intense enough? because i dont really push myself because on the cross trainer i find it difficult to go fast and on the running machine i always get stitches or need the toilet, even with just jogging. i dont do any weights either, jsut a few sit ups. when i add up all the calories ive burnt according to the machines, its about 400 or 500.
    is this a bad way of using the gym

ReputationRep:
    I think you should stop making pointless threads and just ******* get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    id say you need to involve weights.

and yes, spend more time on machines, remember, you can go back and forward on a cross trainer. spend 10 minutes each way?

and on a treadmill, do a 4min jog, then 1minute all out, 30 secs slow (4times) then 1 min jog to warm down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    I think you should stop making pointless threads and just ******* get on with it.
    This!

ReputationRep:
    Sound like a bit of tool, just listen to music and get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    push yourself

it's YOUR body, if you want to improve you'll have to put in the effort required.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you're having to ask that question you probably already know what the answer is.

ReputationRep:
    if you're asking this question, then you probably should be yeah

ReputationRep:
    400 to 500 calories is good... but it depends how long you actually stay there each day.

I burn 400 in about 45 minutes.

You're meant to warm up for 10 minutes
    Use one machine for 20 minutes
    Warm down for 5-10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Most people probably don't work hard enough in the gym tbh (most irritatingly, 'generic gym guy' that does his sets, barely breaks a sweat and wonders why he's made no gains half a year later). Though you sound like you're stressing over nout

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.