Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    at the gym i tend to burn like 50 to 100 calories per machine and stay on a machine for 10 minutes because i just get really bored. i dont get bored of exercising, i just get bored of the same machine, so i like to alternate. i get a heart rate of like 170 to 190, is that intense enough? because i dont really push myself because on the cross trainer i find it difficult to go fast and on the running machine i always get stitches or need the toilet, even with just jogging. i dont do any weights either, jsut a few sit ups. when i add up all the calories ive burnt according to the machines, its about 400 or 500.
    is this a bad way of using the gym

ReputationRep:
    I think you should stop making pointless threads and just ******* get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    id say you need to involve weights.

and yes, spend more time on machines, remember, you can go back and forward on a cross trainer. spend 10 minutes each way?

and on a treadmill, do a 4min jog, then 1minute all out, 30 secs slow (4times) then 1 min jog to warm down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    I think you should stop making pointless threads and just ******* get on with it.
    This!

ReputationRep:
    Sound like a bit of tool, just listen to music and get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    push yourself

it's YOUR body, if you want to improve you'll have to put in the effort required.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you're having to ask that question you probably already know what the answer is.

ReputationRep:
    if you're asking this question, then you probably should be yeah

ReputationRep:
    400 to 500 calories is good... but it depends how long you actually stay there each day.

I burn 400 in about 45 minutes.

You're meant to warm up for 10 minutes
    Use one machine for 20 minutes
    Warm down for 5-10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Most people probably don't work hard enough in the gym tbh (most irritatingly, 'generic gym guy' that does his sets, barely breaks a sweat and wonders why he's made no gains half a year later). Though you sound like you're stressing over nout

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.