Britain was particularly evil and particularly destructive
    15.28%
    Britain wasn't as bad as the others
    32.64%
    Other / Don't care
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    Bahahahaha.

What's even funnier is that there are actually people out there who will take this dribbling loon seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Someone should make a come back video.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and Sherlock Holmes is a FICTIONAL character.

ReputationRep:
    BNP would ban him from Britain.Unfortunately Liblabcons always win and only Wilders gets banned
    THE BRITISH EMPIRE IS GREAT

ReputationRep:
    Ironically we are now a puppet nation of our former colony and we must let them use bases in our soil.If only the BNP wasn't demonised by the media

ReputationRep:
    America have to blame someone for the mess that they're in. Its nothing to do with George Bush.........

ReputationRep:
    When I first saw that video over a year ago I was so angry, the vein in my temple almost burst. Especially all the jumped up ignorant ******* Yanks who believed the tripe he was spouting. Frankly I couldn't really care what Britain was like (and it wasn't anything like he was claiming). In any case:

Were more powerful, we were better than you, we raped you for all you were worth, get over it.

And FYI we would happily do it again were we given the chance.

Edit: Rule Britannia! :p:

ReputationRep:
    This guy is an idiot, but i dont think anyone should be an apologist for britains imperialist past, those who defend the british empire etc always say stuff like we brought the railways etc, but they did more than that, they committed more holocausts and genocides than any other european empire.

a really good article is here:

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2009...urcing-unrest/

I also think its stupid for an American to blame british imperialism for the worlds problems when it is their neo-colonialism that is really doing the damage...

ReputationRep:
    Britain was a darling compared to other imperialist powers-Canada, NZ and India I believe were willingly given their independence without the need to resort to long and bloody wars. The US often employed "Dollar Diplomacy" and went about controlling other countries in a clandestine manner, for example, I think it was American troops that toppled the Hawaiin Queen and then eventually it was annexed and written into their empire. They also controlled the Philippines in order to "uplift, civilise and Christianise them" (McKinley) ignoring the fact that the majority of Filipino's were already Roman Catholic due to Spanish influence. In fact I think the Filipino's described their rule by other countries as "400 years in a convent (when they were under Spanish rule) and 50 years in a whorehouse (under American rule)". Pretty much the same thing happened with Cuba in which the US promised in the Treaty of Paris that they had "no designs on Cuba" and wouldn't try and seize it. But lo and behold-look what they did.

ReputationRep:
    Can't really take him seriously when he doesn't know the difference between England and Britain.

ReputationRep:
    id love for england to be a huge empire again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazija)
    id love for england to be a huge empire again.
    England by itself never had a particularly big empire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    England by itself never had a particularly big empire.
    oops. i meant good ol BRITANNIA
    uk police!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Seriously some people in America are so ******* ignorant...

They think we love the queen and worship her...:rolleyes:
    Bitter irony.

I think you will find the majority of Britons do 'love' and arguably 'worship' (depending how you take the meaning of that word) the Queen.

ReputationRep:
    And this idiot is why I must leave this country. No longer will I be associated with such ignorant a-holes. UK, here I come.

ReputationRep:
    101 Ways that England Ruined the World:

1. Founding Jamestown and the other American colonies?

ReputationRep:
    I suspect that Steven Grasse might just possibly have his tongue placed in his cheek here.

ReputationRep:
    Oh how I miss the Empire.

Seems to be a lot of 'Britain was evil because it's Empire lasted longer and was generally more successful than other European nation's empires'...

ReputationRep:
    Guys do you not understand the concept of satire? I'm an avid fan of the Empire and when I first watched this video and later read the book, I couldn't stop laughing.

Seriously this is not a work that is meant to be treated sensibly in any way, shape, nor form. The guy is not an idiot, he's actually quite funny in the way he satirises the Empire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UNICO)
    Well without Britain there would be no America, so...
    France, Spain and the Dutch also colonised North America, so there would be. They wouldn't be speaking English that's all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.