Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I have received my offer for a room at Telford Court, I just wanted to know peoples opinion about Telford Court rooms and are the toilet and showers usually clean? loll are there any pictures available on the internet to see how they look? actually i havent had the time to go to an open day at the university.

Would t be easy to change to De Hav when i have started or hard to find an empty room? IM CONFUSEDDD.

Plus how difficult is it to find a job at uni? im worried that i won't be able to find a job and end up getting stuck with paying my rent. food. books etc.

btw im going to study Law.

ReputationRep:
    I stayed with my mate in Telford for a few days and it was fine. Not as nice as De Hav though, but it's a better location (Although I think the law school is up in St Albans so De Hav might be a better option)

I'm sure people are gonna be trying to switch around so changing campus might not be too hard. As for jobs, the place isn't exactly huge and most likely older students have already got the good jobs so you might be a bit stuck there.

ReputationRep:
    You wont be stuck paying Rent , thats what you're accommodation loan is for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Javeria)
    I have received my offer for a room at Telford Court
    Unlucky!

I just wanted to know peoples opinion about Telford Court rooms and are the toilet and showers usually clean?
    The rooms are pretty small, the toilets and showers being clean depends completely on who you live with, some might be immaculate, others will have crap smeared on the toilet seat.

loll are there any pictures available on the internet to see how they look?
    Not that i know of.

actually i havent had the time to go to an open day at the university.
    Yet you have the time to apply to the university? Commitment fail.

Would t be easy to change to De Hav when i have started or hard to find an empty room? IM CONFUSEDDD.
    Onto DeHav? Hahaha no. Not that you'd want to anyways.

Plus how difficult is it to find a job at uni? im worried that i won't be able to find a job and end up getting stuck with paying my rent. food. books etc.
    If you can speak english and don't look like a tramp you can get a job at the union.

btw im going to study Law.
    Hahahah!

ReputationRep:
    Right Rob's being a douche today so here goes. :P

Telford Court is fine , the rooms are reasonable , unless your the worlds largest woman , which I doubt you are , you'll cope just fine . The cleaners come 3 times a week , so even if your people do make a mess the showers and baths will be cleaned and if they have any decency you won't have crap smeared on your seat. This is usual rob going worst case scenario. :P

I've not come across any Telford photos , but you could check if theres any open days coming up and go, I doubt there's any this late but it's worth a shot.

Just like he mentioned if you're a decent human being you're likely to get a job in the union or near by , ask the uni services and they'll help you with getting a job.

De Hav is okay if you want it for its en suite however I didn't and don't like it being out the way and the social life is apparently dead there . But I guess it is what you make it at the end of the day. It makes sense to live on De Hav for you though as you're studying their right?

But I'm on Telford and I will convince everyone to stay there and make it the best accommodation.

Rob's a ex Fern man you see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    Unlucky!

The rooms are pretty small, the toilets and showers being clean depends completely on who you live with, some might be immaculate, others will have crap smeared on the toilet seat.

Not that i know of.

Yet you have the time to apply to the university? Commitment fail.

Onto DeHav? Hahaha no. Not that you'd want to anyways.

If you can speak english and don't look like a tramp you can get a job at the union.

Hahahah!

You're mean! Laughing at people's uni/course choices. :naughty:
    What's wrong with DeHav? my friend is going to Herts and I think she's intending on living there. I'm worried for her now, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura182)
    What's wrong with DeHav? my friend is going to Herts and I think she's intending on living there. I'm worried for her now, haha.
    She deserved it tbh.

DeHav is for rich kids and drug dealers, most weeks police are called there and in the past there have been incidents of shooting and stabbing, college lane has never had either of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura182)
    De Hav , its where there's been crimes in the past , there's been stabbings and stuff but that was in the past . I'm going in September and although I'm not living there , I don't fear for peoples safety there.

Although what Rob said is true to a certain extent , there are bad people there but you can't stereotype with everyone. She'll be fine and if she's not.

There's always security.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steventhfc)
    There's always security.
    :p:
    All i can say to that is. Fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steventhfc)
    You wont be stuck paying Rent , thats what you're accommodation loan is for.
    My accommodation loan leaves me with £50. £50 to live on for the whole year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swi1ch)
    My accommodation loan leaves me with £50. £50 to live on for the whole year.
    You get a loan that will cover the accom and a loan to live off of. Unless ofcourse your parents earn quite a bit, in which case it'll be assumed that they will be helping to support you.

ReputationRep:
    I got a place at Chapman. Has anyone lived there, is it alright? On the open day, we couldn't see the rooms, and didn't really like Roberts way.

I just want to live somewhere with people who wanna work hard and play hard!

ReputationRep:
    You get a loan that will cover the accom and a loan to live off of. Unless ofcourse your parents earn quite a bit, in which case it'll be assumed that they will be helping to support you.
    I assume you mean the maintenance loan? There's two loans; tuition and maintenance. Minimum loan is about 3.5k (Usually about the cost of accommodation) and then any grant or additional loan on top of that to round it up to about 5k.

My parents make too much for me to get more than 3.5k, but not really enough to support me tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninin)
    I got a place at Chapman. Has anyone lived there, is it alright? On the open day, we couldn't see the rooms, and didn't really like Roberts way.

I just want to live somewhere with people who wanna work hard and play hard!
    Chapman would be joint 1st (with Fern and Butler) choice for accom in my opinion. You chose well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swi1ch)
    I assume you mean the maintenance loan? There's two loans; tuition and maintenance. Minimum loan is about 3.5k (Usually about the cost of accommodation) and then any grant or additional loan on top of that to round it up to about 5k.

My parents make too much for me to get more than 3.5k, but not really enough to support me tbh.
    If you're not getting the full loan then it is expected that your parents will help you out. If they don't then its just your tough luck.

ReputationRep:
    Chapman would be joint 1st (with Fern and Butler) choice for accom in my opinion. You chose well
    You and your traditional halls.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Says you who's only reason you wouldn't swap to them was because you'd already agreed with a friend to say in telford

ReputationRep:
    Grr I stil have not had my accommodation offer and my offer to go to herts is still conditional I hope my college have not forgot to send my grades to edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madhattertom)
    Grr I stil have not had my accommodation offer and my offer to go to herts is still conditional I hope my college have not forgot to send my grades to edexcel.
    Edexcel are the marking board, so if you have your grades, edexcel obviously do

Accom offers are sent out during this and next week, if you don't get one, you havn't the herts course offer :p:

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel are the marking board, so if you have your grades, edexcel obviously do

Accom offers are sent out during this and next week, if you don't get one, you havn't the herts course offer :p:
    Hi
    With the course I did it all assingment based which was marked by my college, when I finished college told me what my grades will be.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 18, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.