Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swi1ch)
    My accommodation loan leaves me with £50. £50 to live on for the whole year.
    my option leaves me with £100:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madhattertom)
    Hi
    With the course I did it all assingment based which was marked by my college, when I finished college told me what my grades will be.
    If it was all assignment based edexcel wouldn't be involved at all.

ReputationRep:
    The courses are run by edexcel 3 of my assingments were sent to them at the begining of the year to check that teachers are giving the correct grades. The college send the grades to edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    Edexcel are the marking board, so if you have your grades, edexcel obviously do

Accom offers are sent out during this and next week, if you don't get one, you havn't the herts course offer :p:

haha my boyfriend has sent his accom offer late ;[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chipie)
    haha my boyfriend has sent his accom offer late ;[
    As long as he's met the course entry requirements he'll be able to get a place on-campus, no guarentees he'll get his first choice though.

You both going? What courses? Which accom did you both apply for?

ReputationRep:
    De Hav really isn't that bad, it depends on who you are living with and the whole student cohort in general, when i lived there, I had no problems and i was lucky to get on with all my flatmates.

ReputationRep:
    As long as he's met the course entry requirements he'll be able to get a place on-campus, no guarentees he'll get his first choice though.

You both going? What courses? Which accom did you both apply for?
    He's applying for Music composition, btec said he got the grades on suite. I'm not :] Thanks for the reassurance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chipie)
    He's applying for Music composition, btec said he got the grades on suite. I'm not :] Thanks for the reassurance!
    Ahh DeHav, bad choice imo

ReputationRep:
    Ahh DeHav, bad choice imo
    baah i put down de hav as my first choice !

getting a tad worried by people saying it's rubbish.. i didn't see the point in going to any of the other ones seeing as my course is on that site anyway and i can always get the bus over to the other side if need be..

what do you say it's a bad choice ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s+lky)
    baah i put down de hav as my first choice !

getting a tad worried by people saying it's rubbish.. i didn't see the point in going to any of the other ones seeing as my course is on that site anyway and i can always get the bus over to the other side if need be..

what do you say it's a bad choice ?
    General consensus of the people who live there. Added to that when you go to the forum and get *quite* drunk do you really want to wander the very long walk back to your halls? I get bored before i even make it to telford, the same distance towards DeHav isn't even off-site.

ReputationRep:
    there is actually a bus back from college lane after a night out..

ReputationRep:
    I go away for 4 days and I see your hate for De Hav is still on going.
    Nowt changes there does it , haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steventhfc)
    I go away for 4 days and I see your hate for De Hav is still on going.
    Nowt changes there does it , haha.
    To quote you, you can't shine ****.

ReputationRep:
    General consensus of the people who live there. Added to that when you go to the forum and get *quite* drunk do you really want to wander the very long walk back to your halls? I get bored before i even make it to telford, the same distance towards DeHav isn't even off-site.
    i've only seen that site as that was the open day i needed to attend so i wouldn't know about the other side or accomodation over there.. still.. i'll look at it positively and think of it as a sobering walk home.. :yes: lol

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the likelihood of De Hav having spaces for those going through clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MzJMoney*)
    Does anyone know the likelihood of De Hav having spaces for those going through clearing?
    Probably, no guarentees though.

ReputationRep:
    haha rob seriously stop with the telford hateing you obvs love it there and are gutted you couldnt spend your first year there :P
    i presume anyinvites to the telford partys will be declined by you then :P
    haha

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me what chapman halls is like ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesska123)
    haha rob seriously stop with the telford hateing you obvs love it there and are gutted you couldnt spend your first year there :P
    i presume anyinvites to the telford partys will be declined by you then :P
    haha
    Ofcourse they wont decline, i shall treat Telford as it is meant to be treated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foster88)
    can anyone tell me what chapman halls is like ?
    Never been in there but i'd guess it would be more like coales/broad than butler/fern, by which i mean small rooms and smelly. Never actually been on that hall though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.