The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Questionsss about renting flats in Canary Wharf

I am planning to live at Canary Wharf next year and I saw this advertisement and there's this flat that's quite cheap (but not through agent which I am slightly worried)

Since this is my first time to ever rent a flat, I don't know the 'process'.

I know this sounds stupid but do you guys normally view the apartment FIRST and THEN pay the deposit (say 500 quids) or the other way round? Or is it a common practice that you pay the deposit first and then view the apartment? (This flat I fancy is NOT through an agent)

Also, I heard from my friend that there is this shopping mall called Jubilee Place mall or something, is that far off from the Canary Wharf tube station? I would like to have a look soon. Also, is it true that there is any sort of apartment located right above the mall????

Thanks a lot.
Reply 1
ALWAYS see the apartment before you make a deposit. (unless you want to lose that 500 quid) Don't know anything about the area, but I can tell you that much. :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Underneath Canary Wharf and everywhere there is quiite a big shopping area, with shopping and restaurants, really close to the tube station.

Seems to be dead at the weekends from my experience though.
Reply 3
fortunecookie
Underneath Canary Wharf and everywhere there is quiite a big shopping area, with shopping and restaurants, really close to the tube station.

Seems to be dead at the weekends from my experience though.

Thanks!!
Do you know if there is an apartment along bank street though??:woo:

Latest