Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So there's this guy. He likes me (i have been told this by his best mate and 2 other people). I'm not sure if I like him. He is not the best looking guy in the world but he is nice and sweet.

I feel like I'm leading him on because I enjoy being made feel special. I have gone to his house a few times, including a few nights ago, and I sat on his lap and cuddled him in bed. The lights were off cos it wasnt dark yet so I couldnt really see his face but I almost couldn't bear to look him in the eye sometimes. I am reluctant to fancy people but when I do I always find something wrong with them to push them away.

I keep thinking, right tonight I'll decide if I like him or not which involves me arranging to meet up with him again which is ultimately leading him on for my benefit surely. And when I do I just come away more confused than ever. One minute I'm pushing him away the next I'm begging for his attention - I always ring him when I'm upset and I enjoy his texts but I'm wondering whether this is because these are almost anonymous and there is no physical person attached to it so it is attention without seeing what he looks like.

The other night I was drunk and sent him a photo - it wasnt a naked photo but it was an ambiguous photo of a curve of mine :o: , I tried to get him to delete it but he won't. He claims he hasn't shown anyone but he is very very tight with his friends and they talk about everything so I'm guessing this may not be true...

I'm also worried what will happen with this photo if/when he gets the idea I'm not into him - he has been hurt by girls in the past and I just feel horrible but I can't stop. I'm worried itll end up on the internet and yes I know its my own fault for being stupid but I can't help but worry.

What the hell do I do. I feel like such a horrible and manipulative human being, but I find myself looking at him and thinking ok I dont fancy him but then sometimes Im like hmm maybe hes not so bad. And I hear about all these other people fancying him and Im like, well, he can't be that bad can he? I know its ultimately how I feel but Im torn - thinking that I'm being overcritical but then I cant fight how I feel surely. But then I dont even know how I feel....

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are horrible.The world would be a better place if there were less people like you around

ReputationRep:
    You have been leading him on. Best thing is to tell him exactly how you really feel about him now before you hurt him anymore.

ReputationRep:
    succubus...burn it with fire!

ReputationRep:
    I had a girlfriend like you once. Absolute *******.

what would be the best way to tell him how i feel?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him? Not sure [B]how[B] to tell him but he needs to know.
    One thing for sure - stop sending him ambiguous body pictures

ReputationRep:
    Get a life?

(Original post by forever_dreamer)
    Talk to him? Not sure [B]how[B] to tell him but he needs to know.
    One thing for sure - stop sending him ambiguous body pictures
    thanks - yeah i agree i only sent one when i was drunk but i felt like a whore for doing it. i just feel terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you'res using him. Yes you're messing him about. Yes you're selfish and horrible.

ReputationRep:
    You obviously don't fancy enough to be withhim, don't fool yourself, you know when you really like someone.
    If the photo is so ambiguous then why does it matter if he shows his friend?

ReputationRep:
    You'd know if you fancied him or not, attraction is not usually that complicated - its there or it isnt.

ReputationRep:
    You can't like him; if you did there'd be no confusion about the matter and you wouldn't use other people fancying him to try and persuade yourself to do so as well.

Say you feel like you've been leading him on, and apologise for it. Then you're clearly showing your feelings aren't like that, but not telling him outright - nor are you outwardly assuming he likes you because I assume he thinks that you don't know he likes you? - and so his pride won't be in tatters.

You like feeling special, everyone does, but you need to be a more selfless - you not feeling special is less of a detriment to you than him being led on is to him.

ReputationRep:
    So are you a horrible person or an horrible person? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you're a bit of a cocktease. Make you're mind up if you like him or not and then act accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god almost this exact same thing happened to me! i didnt think i was ready for a relationship and even though i knew that me being close to him was hurting him , i didnt want to lose him as a friend. in the end, i just got over it and decided i might as well take the plunge and i think i ended up asking him out. its worked out perfectly basically...decide quickly if its worth risking the friendship for a relationship. if its not...stop and stop now!!

ReputationRep:
    You clearly aren't attracted to him. If you like someone you don't have to try and convince yourself they "aren't bad". You need to nip it in the bud and stop leading him on, it isn't fair and he might be starting to really like you a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So there's this guy. He likes me (i have been told this by his best mate and 2 other people). I'm not sure if I like him. He is not the best looking guy in the world but he is nice and sweet.

I feel like I'm leading him on because I enjoy being made feel special. I have gone to his house a few times, including a few nights ago, and I sat on his lap and cuddled him in bed. The lights were off cos it wasnt dark yet so I couldnt really see his face but I almost couldn't bear to look him in the eye sometimes. I am reluctant to fancy people but when I do I always find something wrong with them to push them away.

I keep thinking, right tonight I'll decide if I like him or not which involves me arranging to meet up with him again which is ultimately leading him on for my benefit surely. And when I do I just come away more confused than ever. One minute I'm pushing him away the next I'm begging for his attention - I always ring him when I'm upset and I enjoy his texts but I'm wondering whether this is because these are almost anonymous and there is no physical person attached to it so it is attention without seeing what he looks like.

The other night I was drunk and sent him a photo - it wasnt a naked photo but it was an ambiguous photo of a curve of mine :o: , I tried to get him to delete it but he won't. He claims he hasn't shown anyone but he is very very tight with his friends and they talk about everything so I'm guessing this may not be true...

I'm also worried what will happen with this photo if/when he gets the idea I'm not into him - he has been hurt by girls in the past and I just feel horrible but I can't stop. I'm worried itll end up on the internet and yes I know its my own fault for being stupid but I can't help but worry.

What the hell do I do. I feel like such a horrible and manipulative human being, but I find myself looking at him and thinking ok I dont fancy him but then sometimes Im like hmm maybe hes not so bad. And I hear about all these other people fancying him and Im like, well, he can't be that bad can he? I know its ultimately how I feel but Im torn - thinking that I'm being overcritical but then I cant fight how I feel surely. But then I dont even know how I feel....
    i hate you.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like a friend who is trying to make yourself fancy him cos you know if you did you would both be happy

ReputationRep:
    it's all about you......he'd be better off without you as a friend let alone a girlfriend. you are the kind of girl that screws with guys heads

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.