how important is sex in a relationship Watch

Poll: how important is sex to a happy relationship
1 - a relationship can be perfectly fine without sex (15)
12.2%
2 (1)
0.81%
3 (6)
4.88%
4 (4)
3.25%
5 -its good to do it with someone you love, even if its crap or infrequent (20)
16.26%
6 (4)
3.25%
7 (25)
20.33%
8 (19)
15.45%
9 (9)
7.32%
10 - if its crap or infrequent, I'm outa there (20)
16.26%
Andy_ryan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
was just wandering, on a scale of 1..10 how important people think sex is to a healthy and happy relationship,

1 being that you could have a perfectly happy relationship without sex

5 being sex is important but can deal with it not being great or often

10 being that if the sex in a relationship was crap or non exsistant you would leave (and leave quickly).

Main reason for asking is that with all this casual sex going around its no longer something confined to a relationship so maybe its lost that edge when your in a relationship

other reason is im in a relationship where sex isnt frequent and i just want to know im not a [email protected] for getting down about it somethimes
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Donnahh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
7ish
we_are_motherwell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends on the people involved, some really need it in a relationship and some are just happy being in each others company. Would have to say its about an 8 from me
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
6 if the realtionship is definately going to last more than 2 years. otherwise i would say 9, if the chances of a long lasting relationship is extremely low. (my opinion)
xps.systems
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
for me it would be 1.

I'm sure it is easily possible to have a relationship without shex.

It can be platonic after all and your partner could be sweaty too.

squish.
CrazyPyramid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
6, if you love the person but the sex is crap you should be able to put up with it really. Or try to make it better, but either way getting rid of the person you love because the sex is rubbish is somewhat perverse =P
G550NDH
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xps.systems)
for me it would be 1.

I'm sure it is easily possible to have a relationship without shex.

It can be platonic after all and your partner could be sweaty too.

squish.
WTF does this mean ... someone tell me i dont get it lol
StaceyRipp
Report 9 years ago
If you don't have it too often, when you do get it it can be amazing! As long as you both make an effort. I find that when me and my bf havent a while, wen we do it's the best ever! If your in a long term relationship it's totally normal to not have sex all the time but if you feel it's not enough, you do need to talk to your partner as they won't know unless you tell them! X
ßlαcksωαn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As important as you want it to be. I do believe this though -a relationship can be perfectly fine without sex- unlike a lot of other people.
Samz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i only ever have sex when i'm in a relationship, not into the casual sex thing at all so i'd say about a 7 or 8... without sex you're just friends really? i mean, you don't have to have sex all the time, or every time you see each other, but a few times a week is niceee. (:
Antonia87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
10, for Christs sake.
username130457
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
About a 3 - I don't need sex very much, but when I do have it I want it to be great.
caroline147
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ten. You can't have a relationship with crap sex, just like you can't have a relationship with crap conversation.
tinker_bell4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd say 8ish.
the.white.rabbit
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think that it should play that much of an important role in a relationship..........you should be able to be happy with each other and in the relationship without it - of course that doesn't mean don't ever have sex....
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
7-8-9

Depends on the girl. Great sex only makes the relationship better though.
Smack
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
10 for me as for me it is the most important aspect of the relationship, although I am not everyone and not everyone places such importance on sex.
manx1991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm going to be boring and say 5. I think a relationship can be fine without it, but sex is kind of the final step before marriage (in some cases after but you usually only get married once) I'd be a bit worried if he suddenly didn't want it now if I'm honest, but if it was infrequant from the beginning I don't think I'd mind.
56gs47qr0ghe9454fe268st
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For me personally it is pretty damn important. It isn't the most important factor, but I've been in a couple of relationships where I quickly went off the person and even started to resent them after we had sex for the first couple of times and I didn't enjoy it. I think the fact I am sexually compatible with my current boyfriend makes our relationship much stronger.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (77)
26.92%
No (209)
73.08%

Watched Threads