16.26%
    3.25%
    20.33%
    15.45%
    7.32%
    10 - if its crap or infrequent, I'm outa there
    16.26%

ReputationRep:
    was just wandering, on a scale of 1..10 how important people think sex is to a healthy and happy relationship,

1 being that you could have a perfectly happy relationship without sex

5 being sex is important but can deal with it not being great or often

10 being that if the sex in a relationship was crap or non exsistant you would leave (and leave quickly).

Main reason for asking is that with all this casual sex going around its no longer something confined to a relationship so maybe its lost that edge when your in a relationship

other reason is im in a relationship where sex isnt frequent and i just want to know im not a [email protected] for getting down about it somethimes

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    7ish

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the people involved, some really need it in a relationship and some are just happy being in each others company. Would have to say its about an 8 from me

6 if the realtionship is definately going to last more than 2 years. otherwise i would say 9, if the chances of a long lasting relationship is extremely low. (my opinion)

ReputationRep:
    for me it would be 1.

I'm sure it is easily possible to have a relationship without shex.

It can be platonic after all and your partner could be sweaty too.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    6, if you love the person but the sex is crap you should be able to put up with it really. Or try to make it better, but either way getting rid of the person you love because the sex is rubbish is somewhat perverse =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    for me it would be 1.

I'm sure it is easily possible to have a relationship without shex.

It can be platonic after all and your partner could be sweaty too.

squish.
    WTF does this mean ... someone tell me i dont get it lol

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have it too often, when you do get it it can be amazing! As long as you both make an effort. I find that when me and my bf havent a while, wen we do it's the best ever! If your in a long term relationship it's totally normal to not have sex all the time but if you feel it's not enough, you do need to talk to your partner as they won't know unless you tell them! X

ReputationRep:
    As important as you want it to be. I do believe this though -a relationship can be perfectly fine without sex- unlike a lot of other people.

ReputationRep:
    i only ever have sex when i'm in a relationship, not into the casual sex thing at all so i'd say about a 7 or 8... without sex you're just friends really? i mean, you don't have to have sex all the time, or every time you see each other, but a few times a week is niceee. (:

ReputationRep:
    10, for Christs sake.

ReputationRep:
    About a 3 - I don't need sex very much, but when I do have it I want it to be great.

ReputationRep:
    Ten. You can't have a relationship with crap sex, just like you can't have a relationship with crap conversation.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 8ish.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that it should play that much of an important role in a relationship..........you should be able to be happy with each other and in the relationship without it - of course that doesn't mean don't ever have sex....

ReputationRep:
    7-8-9

Depends on the girl. Great sex only makes the relationship better though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    10 for me as for me it is the most important aspect of the relationship, although I am not everyone and not everyone places such importance on sex.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be boring and say 5. I think a relationship can be fine without it, but sex is kind of the final step before marriage (in some cases after but you usually only get married once) I'd be a bit worried if he suddenly didn't want it now if I'm honest, but if it was infrequant from the beginning I don't think I'd mind.

ReputationRep:
    For me personally it is pretty damn important. It isn't the most important factor, but I've been in a couple of relationships where I quickly went off the person and even started to resent them after we had sex for the first couple of times and I didn't enjoy it. I think the fact I am sexually compatible with my current boyfriend makes our relationship much stronger.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.