Turn on thread page Beta

Tiny Stud Earring watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering where I can get a really tiny stud to put in my ear, preferably one that is hard to see. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Near enough any piercing shop/jewellery shop/Agros type places.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't earring supposed to make you look more attractive ? Why would yopu want it hard for people to see ? This doesn't make sense

ReputationRep:
    Just go to any shop that does peircings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Aren't earring supposed to make you look more attractive ? Why would yopu want it hard for people to see ? This doesn't make sense
    well at work were not supposed to have them in but i only got it recently pierced so cant be bothered with the hassle of putting it in and out constantly.

ReputationRep:
    Earings are meant to make you FEEL more attractive, not necessarily LOOK more attractive. I assume the OP want's to feel unique without attracting too much attention.

ReputationRep:
    Try any local Jewellery shop, or even Argos. I got a diamond stud from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longleg92)
    Earings are meant to make you FEEL more attractive, not necessarily LOOK more attractive. I assume the OP want's to feel unique without attracting too much attention.

Wouldn't you only feel more attractive if other people could see the earings.

That's like me wearing a pimp suit in the attempt of getting some hoes , but no one actually being able to see the pimp suit :P

ReputationRep:
    You can buy plastic retainers that hide the piercing whilst keeping the hole open.

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/

Cheap stuff and it lasts ages. I'm not allowed jewellery for work and I wear the retainers in my tragus piercing and in my nose piercing.

ReputationRep:
    when my friend had hers pierced, she was given a stud that was just a bar with two clear flat discs on either end (the shape of a dumbell) and that was pretty unnoticable.

edit: those retainer things mentioned above are similar to what i meant

ReputationRep:
    Claires Accesorys. i got some from there, they're really tiny, hardly anyone notices them.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't you only feel more attractive if other people could see the earings.

That's like me wearing a pimp suit in the attempt of getting some hoes , but no one actually being able to see the pimp suit :P
    Your analogy is inadequate!!! Your wearing a pimp suit is to get something, the wearing of an earing is to feel somehow (now do you see where your analogy fails).

By wearing the earing the OP may feel more confident/unique knowing that she slightly deviates from most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longleg92)
    Your analogy is inadequate!!! Your wearing a pimp suit is to get something, the wearing of an earing is to feel somehow (now do you see where your analogy fails).

By wearing the earing the OP may feel more confident/unique knowing that she slightly deviates from most people.
    Right , so I failed !.

But why would anyone feel unique wearing an earring no one can see. I don't understand .

If your ugly , and people start telling you you look hot , you will start to gain confidence , right ? That's because people can see that you've changed and look better , therefore the person feels more confident.

But having a stud in your ear which no one will see isn't going to boost anyones confidence , from the point no one can see it and earring is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Right , so I failed !.

But why would anyone feel unique wearing an earring no one can see. I don't understand .

If your ugly , and people start telling you you look hot , you will start to gain confidence , right ? That's because people can see that you've changed and look better , therefore the person feels more confident.

But having a stud in your ear which no one will see isn't going to boost anyones confidence , from the point no one can see it and earring is pointless.
    Confidence is not (in my opinion) something that should be based on how others assess you! If you allow your confidence to rely on how others evaluate you then all i can say my friend is (XYZ). When you have something that many do not have, but only you know that you have it, don't you feel somehow? Don't you feel unique? Wouldn't you be confident in yourself?

P.S You come across as someone that sets your personal standards on the bases of those around you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    EBay :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    when my friend had hers pierced, she was given a stud that was just a bar with two clear flat discs on either end (the shape of a dumbell) and that was pretty unnoticable.

edit: those retainer things mentioned above are similar to what i meant
    It's called a Labret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    It's called a Labret.
    no, that's not what it was, aren't they for your lips? the one my friend had was specifically for the ears, you could put a plastic clasp on it or attach any metal one that comes with normal earrings.

well.. you get what i mean anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    no, that's not what it was, aren't they for your lips? the one my friend had was specifically for the ears, you could put a plastic clasp on it or attach any metal one that comes with normal earrings.

well.. you get what i mean anyway!
    Wtf? I have 4 labrets in my ears right now

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother, earrings are for girls and girls in men's bodies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Wtf? I have 4 labrets in my ears right now
    well i swear she called it something else! maybe it was a labret but she used a different name
    i did a quick search and they look similar but not the same.. but i'm no piercings expert so i'll just go with you on this one since you've actually got them in your ears!

anyway, hope this helped OP

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.