Turn on thread page Beta

'09 Uni applicants: Can you cook/Are you learning? watch

• View Poll Results: Can you cook/Are you learning to?
    Yes, I can cook well.
    51.22%
    I can cook simple food, and I'm trying to learn more.
    39.02%
    No, and I don't want to.
    9.76%

(Original post by Miss Me)
    It really annoys me how people who are 18 and older cannot cook especially really simple things like pasta or potatoes etc.

My step-sister is now 17 and can hardly cook toast!!
    lolwut. How can you not be able to cook toast. :awesome:

All you do is put it in the toaster. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    lolwut. How can you not be able to cook toast. :awesome:

All you do is put it in the toaster. :ahee:
    I know! That's what I mean, she even gets her mum to butter it!

ReputationRep:
    I can cook pretty well, I'll often start off with a recipie and then go my own way half way through and start experimenting.

I make a mean lasagne!

ReputationRep:
    I can cook, I'm not too fused whether I' mself catering or not next year, although I have just bought the nicest colander and a cute heart shaped chopping board - would be a shame not to be able to use them.

ReputationRep:
    I used to not be able to cook at all, but I've been practising over the past year or so, and now I'm quite good at it. I quite like cooking now, and experimenting with new foods. I'll probably get a student cookbook for uni though, just so I have some concrete recipes./

ReputationRep:
    I cook and bake every week, me and my boyfriend usually take it in turns to cook tea. I've lived away from home for 4 years now and even before then I could cook well. Having a mum who's a cookery teacher and being brought up with good food and lots of baking, has certainly helped!
    To those who don't think they can cook-practice and try different things. You might even enjoy it one day!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.