Turn on thread page Beta

'09 Uni applicants: Can you cook/Are you learning? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Can you cook/Are you learning to?
    Yes, I can cook well.
    51.22%
    I can cook simple food, and I'm trying to learn more.
    39.02%
    No, and I don't want to.
    9.76%

(Original post by Miss Me)
    It really annoys me how people who are 18 and older cannot cook especially really simple things like pasta or potatoes etc.

My step-sister is now 17 and can hardly cook toast!!
    lolwut. How can you not be able to cook toast. :awesome:

All you do is put it in the toaster. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    lolwut. How can you not be able to cook toast. :awesome:

All you do is put it in the toaster. :ahee:
    I know! That's what I mean, she even gets her mum to butter it!

ReputationRep:
    I can cook pretty well, I'll often start off with a recipie and then go my own way half way through and start experimenting.

I make a mean lasagne!

ReputationRep:
    I can cook, I'm not too fused whether I' mself catering or not next year, although I have just bought the nicest colander and a cute heart shaped chopping board - would be a shame not to be able to use them.

ReputationRep:
    I used to not be able to cook at all, but I've been practising over the past year or so, and now I'm quite good at it. I quite like cooking now, and experimenting with new foods. I'll probably get a student cookbook for uni though, just so I have some concrete recipes./

ReputationRep:
    I cook and bake every week, me and my boyfriend usually take it in turns to cook tea. I've lived away from home for 4 years now and even before then I could cook well. Having a mum who's a cookery teacher and being brought up with good food and lots of baking, has certainly helped!
    To those who don't think they can cook-practice and try different things. You might even enjoy it one day!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.