Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    I don't quite understand what you're saying, explain it to me.
    It was sarcasm.
    [/facepalm]

Wonder how many people will "correct" 'an horrible place'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    What?
    the correct version is "an horrible" as is "an historical" etc.
    "a h..." is probably more common, but grammatically incorrect.

So basically you failed so badly its unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like the UK then get out you *** stain of society. Jeez what a douche!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshphillips999)
    He specifically mentioned that it applied to only first world countries, and south american/african/asian countries are therefore not included.
    I've never heard that term before?...explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samj91)
    It was sarcasm.
    [/facepalm]
    I know it was sarcasm. I don't understand why it is, in your opinion, a negative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    I've never heard that term before?...explain?
    Which term?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Pussy boys... Does this mean homosexual boys? Homophobe? Or just an idiot?
    Why are you calling me an idiot? I haven't offened you. I think it is obvious what I ment, if I wanted to say 'homosexuals' I would have said 'homosexuals'.

ReputationRep:
    Why not refer to nasty gangs as an "underclass"?

They behave like it and are poor, there's no reason they shouldn't be branded as such. No wonder there's so much class hate sometimes, because chav tw*ts have no self-respect, and it shows in the way they act and dress.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you calling me an idiot? I haven't offened you. I think it is obvious what I ment, if I wanted to say 'homosexuals' I would have said 'homosexuals'.
    You think we should beat up all "pussy boys" (whatever that means) or guys who wear skinny jeans. Therefore, I feel quite within my rights to judge that you're probably an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I know it was sarcasm. I don't understand why it is, in your opinion, a negative.
    Wasn't my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hey guysch im kl)
    the correct version is "an horrible" as is "an historical" etc.
    "a h..." is probably more common, but grammatically incorrect.

So basically you failed so badly its unbelievable.
    you use "an" if the next letter is vowel douchebag. (a, e, i, o or u)

would you say "an house"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    There are very few first world, supossedly civilized countries which have quite the same problem with feral youth randomly attacking people they don't like the look of for superficial reasons than the UK. I'm male, fairly skinny and generally wear tight jeans. In many British towns, the fact you are wearing tight jeans as a male is enough provocation for chavs to shout at/try to intimidat you, and occasionally beat you up if there's enough of them (cowards alone, pack mentality).

However, I lived in Spain for a year and found significantly less issue with the underclass feeling the need to attack/cause touble with anyone they feel is different from them. Occasionally, you got youths of the underclass in Spain who would stare at you condecendingly with that cocky smirk, but that is as far as it went.

However, for someone to actually get physically attacked over nothing more than dress was as far as I was aware quite unheard of, and certainly by no means a common occurance.

However, the sad fact in the UK is that it is quite heard of, and quite possible for someone to get beaten up over superficial things.

its because its too ******* hot in Spain to bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshphillips999)
    Which term?
    "The first world"

ReputationRep:
    Britain is not a bad country the only problem is it is filled with british people.

ReputationRep:
    The UK is ****...get over it. TBH i blame immigrants, emo's and old people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    You think we should beat up all "pussy boys" (whatever that means) or guys who wear skinny jeans. Therefore, I feel quite within my rights to judge that you're probably an idiot.
    But you would be wrong beacuse I am clever. I tihnk you are a idiot because you are prejudice against people who don't hold your opinions. I think that is idiotic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Wonder how many people will "correct" 'an horrible place'.
    although it already is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    "The first world"
    First world countries, basically MEDC's, or wealthier countries lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion Terror)
    To be honest I think the onus is on you to explain why being physically attacked on the basis of what you're wearing is anything but a negative.
    Why? I don't think it is. I think it should be on OP because he expressed his opinion first, surely it should be on the starter to explain their opinon first. You should read up about how people normally debate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.