Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(anon or delete)

I want to have sex with my boyfriend but I'm 15.. I love him, I really do.
    He is the one thing in my life which I am totally sure about.
    I want him to be the one who takes my virginity, and we are ready to move our relationship on..
    The issue is I would feel so guilty because my mother trusts me to wait, and my friends would be shocked and disappointed which I couldn't handle. I don't want to upset anybody by 'not being able to keep it in my pants' as some would say. I could wait until the start of next year when I am 16, but I just feel ready now.. I am torn.

Do those of you who lost your virginity before 16 regret it?
    Is it a bad idea to enter a sexual relationship, which would disappoint almost everyone you know?

I'm sill a virgin but mainly because I am shy. Do whatever you feel is right. Just use protection and be safe if sex is what you decide. Why would your friends be disappointed?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Do what feels right and never mind anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    It's totally up to you when you start to have sex. It's important that you are comfortable with your decision and you really really need to make sure that your boyfriend is trustworthy before you even consider it.

You must keep in mind that it is against the law to have sex with someone under 16, so if your boyfriend is older than 16, and it all goes wrong, then he could be arrested for having sex with you. Do you want to risk that?

Personally, I don't think that it matters whether or not you are a few months younger or older than the age that the law states is acceptable. All that matters is that you are happy and comfortable with the situation and practising safe sex. Wear a condom!!!

Good luck with the decision making :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Just do what you want. My friend lost it before she was 16 but I didn't judge her so I don't understand why you're friends would?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    (anon or delete)

I want him to be the one who takes my virginity, and we are ready to move our relationship on..
    The issue is I would feel so guilty because my mother trusts me to wait, and my friends would be shocked and disappointed which I couldn't handle. I don't want to upset anybody by 'not being able to keep it in my pants' as some would say. I could wait until the start of next year when I am 16, but I just feel ready now.. I am torn.

Is it a bad idea to enter a sexual relationship, which would disappoint almost everyone you know?
    well its illegal for you boyfriend to **** you when you're under 16, but only if YOU press charges so its hardly an issue, not that im advocating breaking the law

ReputationRep:
    Your age isn't a particularly important factor. You aren't suddenly going to turn 16 and know what all the right decisions are. If it feels right, you trust him and you love him and you think he feels the same way, do it. If you are unsure, wait a while. Tbh the fact you are even asking this suggests that you don't feel completely ready to me. Don't worry about dissapointing other people, I don't see why anyone else even has to know?

ReputationRep:
    wait

If you want to do it and feel comfortable then there shouldn't be any problem. No need to wait as long as you are happy to do it now Be safe! XD

ReputationRep:
    You might as well wait. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (anon or delete)

You will be

ReputationRep:
    It's illegal and therefore bad.

ReputationRep:
    if u love him, he loves u, and u feel ready, i'd just go for it. that is def a better way to loose it than having a one night stand with 19 just to loose "it" or whatever ... i think if u feel ready, 15 is by no means really early, soo ...

ReputationRep:
    i lost mine when i was 15 with my current boyfriend and because of that i dont regret it.. if you love each other and you feel ready then go for it.. a few months wont change anything! just be safe and make sure that this is the right decision for you, not for your parents or your friends or anyone else.. its your decision! have fun

ReputationRep:
    Go fer it.

(Original post by fallen angel9)
    Just do what you want. My friend lost it before she was 16 but I didn't judge her so I don't understand why you're friends would?
    Because they are all "nice girls" who have never even kissed a guy yet.. they don't understand :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Do what feels right and never mind anyone else.
    Even the law?

(Original post by cowsgoquack)
    It's illegal and therefore bad.
    Hmm, but then again so is under age drinking, and the majority of recreational drugs.. and they are pretty good (the drink, don't know about the drugs!) so?

ReputationRep:
    Because they are all "nice girls" who have never even kissed a guy yet.. they don't understand :/
    How odd... how long have you been with your boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    Would you describe them as unnattractive? Or are you and your friendship group very religious?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.