Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you feel ready then you're ready, you sound like you understand the implications etc

Ignore the age of consent, it's a load of crap.

I'm sorry, but it's ****gish behaviour if you ask me, and you deserve to be looked down on for it. Keep your pants on. I'm only anon because I'd get a whole bunch of ****s neg repping me, which is well annoying.

ReputationRep:
    shag him stop being soft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm sorry, but it's ****gish behaviour if you ask me, and you deserve to be looked down on for it. Keep your pants on. I'm only anon because I'd get a whole bunch of ****s neg repping me, which is well annoying.

I would neg rep you

because you need welcoming to the life of today you fool

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, but then again so is under age drinking, and the majority of recreational drugs.. and they are pretty good (the drink, don't know about the drugs!) so?
    The difference being that if you drink under 18 your boyfriend isn't running the risk of ending up on the sex offender's register for life (i.e. therefore unable to pursue careers in teaching or medicine, amongst other things) and potentially spending time in custody.

(Original post by hey guysch im kl)
    well its illegal for you boyfriend to **** you when you're under 16, but only if YOU press charges so its hardly an issue, not that im advocating breaking the law
    Wrong. If her parents find out BECAUSE SHE IS A MINOR HER PARENTS CAN PRESS CHARGES. My sister's best friend lost it way to young after a fight with her dad, basically because it was the thing she could think of that would hurt him the most. Everyone who knows the people in question (who weren't a couple) acknowledges, as she does, that despite her being much younger and probably not understanding the ramifications, it was her soliciting it. But despite her saying time and again that it was her own fault her parents pressed charges on the guy, who was a youth worker and obviously had to leave that job (NB not HER youth worker).

If you want to go for it OP then I'm sure some people ARE ready at 15. On the other hand, you have doubts, which doesn't bode well. Just be aware of what could happen if your parents find out.

But I am by no means a ****, he is my first boyfriend, first love. I can't imagine myself with anybody but him.. and its not as if I'm gagging for it, just ready.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by A Fair Britain?)
    Even the law?
    Between a 5th and a 3rd of teens first have sex before the age of 16. Much less than a 5th of all teenage males get busted for statutory rape. I am sure that the law is the last thing that horny teenagers think of.

(Original post by Bekaboo)
    The difference being that if you drink under 18 your boyfriend isn't running the risk of ending up on the sex offender's register for life (i.e. therefore unable to pursue careers in teaching or medicine, amongst other things) and potentially spending time in custody.

Wrong. If her parents find out BECAUSE SHE IS A MINOR HER PARENTS CAN PRESS CHARGES. My sister's best friend lost it way to young after a fight with her dad, basically because it was the thing she could think of that would hurt him the most. Everyone who knows the people in question (who weren't a couple) acknowledges, as she does, that despite her being much younger and probably not understanding the ramifications, it was her soliciting it. But despite her saying time and again that it was her own fault her parents pressed charges on the guy, who was a youth worker and obviously had to leave that job (NB not HER youth worker).

If you want to go for it OP then I'm sure some people ARE ready at 15. On the other hand, you have doubts, which doesn't bode well. Just be aware of what could happen if your parents find out.

We are both 15 at the moment..
    And its not my doubts, it is the implications of my parents finding out.. I want them to trust me to make the right choices, I just know for sure that they would not think its the better choice :/

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you called your virginity 'it' in the thread title shows you're not mature enough emotionally to have sex. I had sex at 15, and I regret it. We lasted a long time, broke up and now I wish I would have lost my virginity with the amazing guy i'm with now. I wasn't ready at the time. Wait until you're 16 at least.

But I am by no means a ****, he is my first boyfriend, first love. I can't imagine myself with anybody but him.. and its not as if I'm gagging for it, just ready.
    Hormones, need for affection, desperation, false sense of 'security' = Teenage 'love'. Your immaturity will be demonstrated from the answer to this simple question: Why do you need to have sex now?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you'll regret it as you love him and even if you break up soon after you know that you loved him and you lost your virginity to the one you love. Some say that 15 year olds are too young to feel love, which I'd kinda agree with because I'm 19 and I doubt I could feel love right now.

At least you're not 13, like some girl I know was.

ReputationRep:
    i lost mine before 16. and i dont regret it at all. becausei really liked the person and if i had waited until i was older it may have been with someone i didnt even like. if u feel like its the right thing to do then do it jsut be sensible (ha bet i sound like a teacher or something)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Between a 5th and a 3rd of teens first have sex before the age of 16. Much less than a 5th of all teenage males get busted for statutory rape. I am sure that the law is the last thing that horny teenagers think of.
    Indeed. I doubt there is anyway, bar a police officer walking in on them, of the law finding out that this person had sex before hitting 16.

ReputationRep:
    Which is what? Having no self control?
    No.
    But the fact you think she should be ashamed because she wants to have sex at 15 is ******* bizarre. Sex is all over the TV, the papers.. It's pretty much everywhere in fact.
    Obviously people underage are going to want to experience it.
    Get with it, god ;-)

haha

As long as their safe I don't see the problem with having sex at 13+..
    Well, as long as you have the mental age etc also.

youre not a '****' at all like some peopel are saying. some people make such a big deal out of sex. and the end of the day its just sex. what age you ahve sex doesnt determine whether you are a **** or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)

Really? How on earth could they prove it? I'm assuming though, it wouldn't be a case potential case of professional misconduct that would be involved.

ReputationRep:
    If you're both 15, then isn't it illegal for either of you to have sex?

ReputationRep:
    youre not a '****' at all like some peopel are saying. some people make such a big deal out of sex. and the end of the day its just sex. what age you ahve sex doesnt determine whether you are a **** or not.
    I don't think that sex is that big of a deal to me personally.

I just don't like ****s...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sequinpeach)
    If you're both 15, then isn't it illegal for either of you to have sex?
    Yes, but they might be horny.

ReputationRep:
    It's not bizarre at all. What's so bizarre about not wanting Britain full to the brim of little whores? Besides, we all see sex everywhere we go, so that's not an excuse.
    Why does having sex when you feel ready, in this case 15 (which is the age I also lost it at), fill Britain with little whores?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.