Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    You must keep in mind that it is against the law to have sex with someone under 16, so if your boyfriend is older than 16, and it all goes wrong, then he could be arrested for having sex with you. Do you want to risk that?
    Absolute rubbish. There is NO risk, EVER of ANY kind of arrest arising out of circumstances like this. The police won't waste their time on it, let alone the CPS. In fact, I was explicitly told by a Senior Prosecutor that they'll never prosecute anything like this.

ReputationRep:
    The OP is not a ****, she has already stated that it will be with her long term boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    if you're still calling sex 'it' maybe you're not mature enough yet?

ReputationRep:
    hello, its illegal!!?!!

ReputationRep:
    If your friend's opinions on your virginity, is something you're going to be swayed by, then you're better off growing up a bit before making that sort of commitment.

When you have sex, it should be because you want to, and should be when you're able to make up your own mind without considering other people - if other people's opinions bother you that much, then you're not mature enough imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny_777)
    Absolute rubbish. There is NO risk, EVER of ANY kind of arrest arising out of circumstances like this. The police won't waste their time on it, let alone the CPS. In fact, I was explicitly told by a Senior Prosecutor that they'll never prosecute anything like this.
    :|... ok.

But if everything went wrong and she asked him to stop and he wouldn't then she could go running to the police and claim it was rape and then he would be arrested. That is what I meant when I said "if it all went wrong"

But okay, sorry, I may have got it wrong. This was just the impression I got throughout sex ed. and general conversation.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't understand why a few months would make much difference. People would judge you eitherway. Just because you're legal doesn't mean that your friends would be less shocked or however you put it.

I was 15 when I lost mine, although I was one month away from my 16th birthday. I was with a long-term boyfriend, I thought I loved him but after we had sex and another 4 months of dragging it out, I realised that I didn't love him at all. I thought I did, but everything seems much more exaggerated when you're younger.

It felt right at the time and I don't regret it because of that.

ReputationRep:
    You "love" someone at the age of 15? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hey guysch im kl)
    Really? How on earth could they prove it? I'm assuming though, it wouldn't be a case potential case of professional misconduct that would be involved.
    Very good question actually. I think in this case my sister's friend was fairly upfront about what she had done, and once she had admitted it there was no going back. Presumably as you say it'd be a different ball game if you claimed to still be a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to tell anybody do you? Ask him to keep it to himself and tell him why and that you really dont want people to know and Im sure he'll be fine and he shouldn't feel hurt that you dont want people knowing.
    Personally I wish I'd waited to do it with someone I loved so if you feel ready then do it. Other people never have to know!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by A Fair Britain?)
    Indeed. I doubt there is anyway, bar a police officer walking in on them, of the law finding out that this person had sex before hitting 16.
    In many cases it's one person's story against the other's. And busting 16 year old guys who have sex with their 15 old girlfriend isn't what the age of consent laws are about anyway; they're about protecting young people from sexual abuse by adults.

ReputationRep:
    Only you know when you're ready...so if you feel ready now then go for it...

ReputationRep:
    to the "its illegal and therfore its bad" comment.
    thats a very poor comment. what are you 10?. I can look up alot of instances where the law be immoral or bad (Nazi Germani, Communist Russia, etc.). Yes i can find dumb laws even in today, nt necesarly from history books.

@Annon user 3,
    whats wrong with you in general, please see proffesional help, not to mention sexist comments.
    By the way the use of the annon funtion dose not apply in your case. is is not meant to avoid negative rep, and hell ya, i would give you neg rep for the rest of the week if i can find out who you are, which sholdnt be too hard to do. still cant bother more with people like you. you are a lost cause.

To OP.
    using it do discribe virginity, i see no problem, there is no reaason to use long and fancy words.
    The law, well while its very unlikly that anyone will press charges (im not sure you are the only one who can) or take this case seriusly, it is a law and well should be gven some taught.
    It may turn out to be a Cinderella story with a nice happy ending and you marring the guy. It probably will not. Do consider that you will probably do it more than once, people who say you will not get caught they are right, you wont the first time, no guarantee for the second, or third or nth.
    about your friends, umm they are your friends right? they should not judge you too much because of it, unless they are annon3 they should be sensible enough to see that their turn will come. but if by 'friends' ypu mean random people in your school, than better they dont find out for a while longer.
    im assuming you that you really know what you are doing as you claim. I dont see anyting wrong with actually not beeing !00% sure about it (on the contrary if yo are 100% sure that you are not ready, means that you overlooked something), i dont see it as secound toughts.

will it be a mistake (a first of many!) ?, only one way to find out.

ReputationRep:
    wait!!!! And see how your relationship goes until your 16!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    (anon or delete)

I want to have sex with my boyfriend but I'm 15.. I love him, I really do.
    He is the one thing in my life which I am totally sure about.
    I want him to be the one who takes my virginity, and we are ready to move our relationship on..
    The issue is I would feel so guilty because my mother trusts me to wait, and my friends would be shocked and disappointed which I couldn't handle. I don't want to upset anybody by 'not being able to keep it in my pants' as some would say. I could wait until the start of next year when I am 16, but I just feel ready now.. I am torn.

Do those of you who lost your virginity before 16 regret it?
    Is it a bad idea to enter a sexual relationship, which would disappoint almost everyone you know?
    I think it's where ever you're ready and can do it safely. They just say 16 for 'maturity' but tbh, I know 19 year olds who aren't responsible enough!

ReputationRep:
    If you let him plow you he will dump you straight after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    They just say 16 for 'maturity' but tbh, I know 19 year olds who aren't responsible enough!
    Very true.

(Original post by Subcutaneous)
    if you're still calling sex 'it' maybe you're not mature enough yet?
    Somebody else mentioned this, and I'm not all that sure why?
    I don't really think a thread title (which may I add, is simply to provoke people into giving me an opinion) can really determine someone's maturity?
    Besides, everyone writes constant threads about virginity, I do not wish to bore the majority of TSR with another "when did you loose your virginity" thread.. see where I'm coming from =)

(Original post by Psycho0101)
    You "love" someone at the age of 15? :rolleyes:
    I don't really think you can put an age on that to be quite frank.. There is hardly a boundary as to when you are old enough to fall in love.
    If you wish to insist that I cannot love him, then fine. But I can assure you that I do, whether you choose to accept that or not isn't my problem =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Somebody else mentioned this, and I'm not all that sure why?
    I don't really think a thread title (which may I add, is simply to provoke people into giving me an opinion) can really determine someone's maturity?
    Besides, everyone writes constant threads about virginity, I do not wish to bore the majority of TSR with another "when did you loose your virginity" thread.. see where I'm coming from =)

if you can't talk about sex openly, and are even asking others on their opinion, then..i think you need to reconsider, and this is coming from someone who lost it young to someone she 'loved' and regrets it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.