Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would advise wait until you are 16 and it is legal.

ReputationRep:
    It's cool. Nothing wrong with it. I lost it at 15, wasn't really something to regret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have had crushes, this is different. Its just more.
    Every time I am with him I literally light up, he makes me smile inside and out, when he holds me so close in his arms and its as if nothing else matters. If I'm upset he just lifts up my chin, brushes the hair off of my face and tells me he loves me and it all just seems o.k again. I know thats really gushy and stereotypical but I really don't think I can describe my feelings for him, I just know that I want him to be the one.. =)
    I'm sorry, but what you've described sounds nothing like love to me. Love is pain, love is when you can't live without someone, when you think about him day and night and wonder what he's doing. You've just got a crush on him. Sorry to dissapoint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerthLady)
    right but i can tell you right now that even if me and my boyfriend split tomorrow that i wouldnt regret it being with him because of how i felt at the time and how happy i was when it happened...

And the 'bullsh*t' was aimed more at the definite-ness of that comment.. it does happen, couples CAN last and although it may be believed unrealistic and unlikely, it does happen.
    you're just saying that, but if you really love your boyfriend as much as you said, then you will regret it if he dumps you all of a sudden. It happens, nothing to be ashamed about, although it is probably more prudent to avoid it in the first place.
    There might have been a time when couples lasted because there was always a pressure of getting married early to prove that you were worth something (this was especially the case with women). Nowadays, however, it doesn't happen anymore. That's a fact. Look at the divorce rates if you want more evidence.

ReputationRep:
    my mate lost it at 12- no regrets
    i lost it at 17- no regrets
    other mate at 15- some regrets
    other mate at 17- many regrets

its not necessarily when its how/where/who with that will cause regrets

ReputationRep:
    Do it and don't tell anyone o.o Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (anon or delete)

I want to have sex with my boyfriend but I'm 15.. I love him, I really do.
    He is the one thing in my life which I am totally sure about.
    I want him to be the one who takes my virginity, and we are ready to move our relationship on..
    The issue is I would feel so guilty because my mother trusts me to wait, and my friends would be shocked and disappointed which I couldn't handle. I don't want to upset anybody by 'not being able to keep it in my pants' as some would say. I could wait until the start of next year when I am 16, but I just feel ready now.. I am torn.

Do those of you who lost your virginity before 16 regret it?
    Is it a bad idea to enter a sexual relationship, which would disappoint almost everyone you know?
    if you think you will feel guilty and regret it than i would wait as you can't undo it
    if you truly love your boyfriend then he should understand
    just do what you feel is right, and be safe as well

(Original post by Eva2)
    I'm sorry, but what you've described sounds nothing like love to me. Love is pain, love is when you can't live without someone, when you think about him day and night and wonder what he's doing. You've just got a crush on him. Sorry to dissapoint.

Did you not read the part where I said I can't describe it!?
    You think I don't long to see him constantly, and be with him every day and night.. to run my fingers along the contours of his face while he stares deep into my ****** eyes. He is beautiful to me, the only thing that matters. Every time I have to say goodbye to him a little piece of me breaks up and fades away. I just feel full with him, like its right and perfect to be there. To be honest none of the physical stuff actually matters as long as I'm with him, but its just a side of our relationship we are ready to enter together. And you think this is just a crush? I am disappointed how easily you can doubt me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    you're just saying that, but if you really love your boyfriend as much as you said, then you will regret it if he dumps you all of a sudden. It happens, nothing to be ashamed about, although it is probably more prudent to avoid it in the first place.
    There might have been a time when couples lasted because there was always a pressure of getting married early to prove that you were worth something (this was especially the case with women). Nowadays, however, it doesn't happen anymore. That's a fact. Look at the divorce rates if you want more evidence.
    I dont believe you can regret something you havent done.. i would be hurt, heartbroken, would hate it and would hate him for doing it but i wouldnt regret it as it aint my action to regret...

ReputationRep:
    You think I don't long to see him constantly, and be with him every day and night.. to run my fingers along the contours of his face while he stares deep into my ****** eyes. He is beautiful to me, the only thing that matters. Every time I have to say goodbye to him a little piece of me breaks up and fades away. I just feel full with him, like its right and perfect to be there. To be honest none of the physical stuff actually matters as long as I'm with him, but its just a side of our relationship we are ready to enter together. And you think this is just a crush? I am disappointed how easily you can doubt me.

because you're 15 years old....lol i thought that was love too!

ReputationRep:
    anyway virginity is a great pride y loosing it at tender age???

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Teenagers these days. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think that the fact you are having doubts already says it all to be honest.
    Do whatever feels right for you, but if you're sixteen in a few months so as to cause minimal trouble with your family and friends?! If he's worth it, he would wait.
    Ultimately though you should do whatever feels right for you!
    Good luck with your decision! x

(Original post by helz_91)
    I think that the fact you are having doubts already says it all to be honest.
    Do whatever feels right for you, but if you're sixteen in a few months so as to cause minimal trouble with your family and friends?! If he's worth it, he would wait.
    Ultimately though you should do whatever feels right for you!
    Good luck with your decision! x

As I have said before.. its not me with the doubts, its everyone else :/
    My boyfriend has told me he will wait until I'm ready.. if that takes years; he is fine with it. The thing is I am ready, and I want it to be him..
    I just don't want my mum to find out, and such events as me having limited time with him to occur. I wouldn't be able to handle that.. and that is the only doubt.

at the end of the day, its completely ur own decision. i lost it at 15, i didnt love him, but it felt right. i was 15, he was 16. we only stayed together a few months afterwards. after him, when i was 16, i was with a guy for 3 years.. only recently split up with him. i wish i had lost my virginity to him instead, coz i was 100% in love with him, still am even tho i have a new bf! i do regret losing it at 15, not because of the age, but because i didnt love him. but i'm still happy i did lose it to him because we both lost it 2 each other. - i'd much rather have the memory of me nd him sharing that 2geva, instead of being just another notch on the bedpost to some other guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    Oh dear. Teenagers these days. :rolleyes:
    Well I don't think that is helping is it?

OP I'm 15 too and I am defiantly not ready!
    If you are then just do it Don't let other people tell you what you want to do or not, just make your own choices? Although it would probably be sensible to wait.

ReputationRep:
    You should have watched that thing on BBC3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by april_happy)

If you are then just do it Don't let other people tell you what you want to do or not, just make your own choices? Although it would probably be sensible to wait.
    I've posted my view on this earlier in the thread. The OP cannot accept an alternative point of view and wants everyone to tell her that she is doing the right thing.

(Original post by april_happy)

How is it any more sensible to wait though, People drink underage all of the time and there isn't so much baggage carried with that despite that it can cause long term health risks!

ReputationRep:
    Stop caring so much about what people think, or expect of you, just do what you think would make you happy! If these people truly care about you, they do so without expectations of who should you be, or do.

P.S. of all the words of tongue and pen
    the saddest are these: it might have been.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.