Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i agree with you april_happy

who can put an age on 'love' .. i thought the whole concept of 'love conquers all' would apply to age too...

at the end of the day.. if you wanna lose it to him OP then do it.. it is possible to hide it from parents as i managed it and me and my mum are soooo close! i felt so guilty for not telling her but knew that to avoid us falling out i had to keep it a secret x

and if older people dont believe younger people can be in love.. why come to a student forum and talk down to us? Love shouldnt be age restricted or 'earnt' ...

And if we 'youngsters' want to believe we are happy and in love then why argue it? You say we will learn but why not leave us to it? How do you know that we aint gonna last with our respective partners..? I would say 3 year relationship at 17 is pretty good going at this stage.. and there is EVERY chance it could last! Just because high school relationships dont always last, rarely last in fact does not mean that we aint the lucky few to keep ours...

x

(Original post by Psycho0101)
    I've posted my view on this earlier in the thread. The OP cannot accept an alternative point of view and wants everyone to tell her that she is doing the right thing.
    Thats invalid, I haven't decided to do anything yet.. I was just interested what other people thought, not much of a crime. When you start insulting my feelings towards my boyfriend, then yes I am bound to get touchy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thats invalid, I haven't decided to do anything yet.. I was just interested what other people thought, not much of a crime. When you start insulting my feelings towards my boyfriend, then yes I am bound to get touchy.
    Wake up, kid.

I lost my virginity when I was 15, my girlfriend was 13 nearly 14 at the time. It was really good and we both felt ready and everything was fine. Do it when you're ready, age means nothing

ReputationRep:
    If you feel ready and want to do it without feeling like you are forced or pressurised into it, and he's happy and mature with it, then go ahead. At least you're not coming across as some immature kid who messes around. Sure you guys aren't 16 yet (well not long to go) but then again, if you are both mature about it, no one has to know right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerthLady)
    I dont believe you can regret something you havent done.. i would be hurt, heartbroken, would hate it and would hate him for doing it but i wouldnt regret it as it aint my action to regret...
    That wasn´t the point. I was just saying that you would regret it if you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Did you not read the part where I said I can't describe it!?
    You think I don't long to see him constantly, and be with him every day and night.. to run my fingers along the contours of his face while he stares deep into my ****** eyes. He is beautiful to me, the only thing that matters. Every time I have to say goodbye to him a little piece of me breaks up and fades away. I just feel full with him, like its right and perfect to be there. To be honest none of the physical stuff actually matters as long as I'm with him, but its just a side of our relationship we are ready to enter together. And you think this is just a crush? I am disappointed how easily you can doubt me.
    Yes, I do :yes:
    When you´re in love, you will know for certain, and you won´t need to ask other people what they think about your relationship. Plus, you say you can´t describe it but you just have.
    At the end of the day, you´re just a little teenager. You´ll get over it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. I like my boyf alot, and I'm 15 too. but i wouldn't want to risk the breaking law part you know. It's better to be safe. :/ Also, if you really do wanna have sex with him, practice safe sex. Condoms aren't 100% safe actually :/

ReputationRep:
    I say keep waiting.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see what waiting really achieves..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    Yes, I do :yes:
    When you´re in love, you will know for certain, and you won´t need to ask other people what they think about your relationship. Plus, you say you can´t describe it but you just have.
    At the end of the day, you´re just a little teenager. You´ll get over it.
    That is extremely rude! What gives you the right to talk down to the OP?

She has come on here asking for adive and you are insulting her by calling her 'a little teenager' .. i think thats unacceptable to be quite frank.

If you have nothing constructive to say except talk down and patronise people then really you shouldn;t bother posting.

You dont know her, you dont know if its a crush or love.

'you say you can´t describe it but you just have.' she has described PART of what she is feeling.. anyone can clearly see from what she has posted that everything she knows she feels is only part as she says theres more but cant describe it. I can name A LOT of ways i know im in love and know why/how i love my boyfriend but no way could i explain everything that makes my relationship the way it is. Perhaps it is you who is confused about love.

And to make matters worse, you are 17? Meaning you are simply bullying this girl and have NO idea what its like being 20, 30, 40 in love so should probably stop pretending you do. Your comments have sounded like a married 30 year old who knows exactly what they are talking about due to experience.

I'm 17.. I'm in love. It is possible.

ReputationRep:
    Waiting potentially eliminates any regret. Don't rush into it. My friend lost her virginity when she was 14 and now she says she's embarrased about it. Partly because she thought she was in love with the guy, and they had one heck of a messy break up.

ReputationRep:
    Your friends sound like self rightous idiots, though tbh at 15 you hardly know someones the one, however you feel.
    Do it, its not a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    And don't worry about breaking the law, no coppers gonna turn up to your house and arrest you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Waiting potentially eliminates any regret. Don't rush into it. My friend lost her virginity when she was 14 and now she says she's embarrased about it. Partly because she thought she was in love with the guy, and they had one heck of a messy break up.
    There's a difference between being 14 and being a few months shy of 16.. i cant see how waiting like 6 months even could eliminate regret.. at the end of the day, if you do end up regretting who it was with then it wont matter if you were 13/14/15/16/17...

And you should view it as a happy time of your life, you were glad at the time so really why bother regretting it? You should never regret the smiles, laughs and happy times in your life no matter how bad they could end up.. keep the happy memories

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between being 14 and being a few months shy of 16.. i cant see how waiting like 6 months even could eliminate regret.. at the end of the day, if you do end up regretting who it was with then it wont matter if you were 13/14/15/16/17...

And you should view it as a happy time of your life, you were glad at the time so really why bother regretting it? You should never regret the smiles, laughs and happy times in your life no matter how bad they could end up.. keep the happy memories
    But you said age is just a number and you can't put an age on love. A 14 year old and a 16 year old may equally "be in love". So, there isn't really a difference, is there? Well, not everyone has a positive outlook on life.

ReputationRep:
    you said that waiting eliminates regret.. but a 14 year old waiting just under 2 years and a 15 year old waiting a few months is a difference..

true enough, no age can be put on love as its possible anytime (within reason obviously.. im not suggesting a 3 year old could fall in love)

and true, not everyone has a positive outlook on life but thats their own problem and no one can predict that another person is going to regret something like Eva2 has been saying.

ReputationRep:
    I said waiting could potentially elimate regret. I did not say it does for sure. It gives someone an opportunity to think about things. I wasn't talking about waiting until a certain age either. It's true that noone can predict that another person is going to regret something, but noone can regret that another person will not regret something. I think people throw the word "love" around very easily.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. ok i understand more what you meant now..

And tbh i think she has spent a lot of time thinking about it, hence this thread.

ReputationRep:
    That is extremely rude! What gives you the right to talk down to the OP?

She has come on here asking for adive and you are insulting her by calling her 'a little teenager' .. i think thats unacceptable to be quite frank.

If you have nothing constructive to say except talk down and patronise people then really you shouldn;t bother posting.

You dont know her, you dont know if its a crush or love.

'you say you can´t describe it but you just have.' she has described PART of what she is feeling.. anyone can clearly see from what she has posted that everything she knows she feels is only part as she says theres more but cant describe it. I can name A LOT of ways i know im in love and know why/how i love my boyfriend but no way could i explain everything that makes my relationship the way it is. Perhaps it is you who is confused about love.

And to make matters worse, you are 17? Meaning you are simply bullying this girl and have NO idea what its like being 20, 30, 40 in love so should probably stop pretending you do. Your comments have sounded like a married 30 year old who knows exactly what they are talking about due to experience.

I'm 17.. I'm in love. It is possible.
    I´m sorry, but I fail to see why calling her a little teenager is such a big insult. It´s what she is! And exactly how am I bullying? I´m just trying to tell her that sooner or later she´ll realise it´s just a crush and break up with him. It happens at that age.
    Also, 2 years is a big difference. From 15 to 17, I learned a lot about being in love, as I´m sure she will.
    So think twice before saying that I´m confused about love. What do you know, anyway?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.