Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to apply to Oxford or Cambridge while you're retaking some IB exams in November?
    The deadline for applying to Oxbridge is October and interviews are held in December.
    But the IB exams take place in November, and the results come out in January.
    Is it possible to apply to Oxbridge even if you're a November retake candidate?

If so, how is it done?

I need an answer urgently, since I'm in the process of deciding whether to retake or not when the deadline is tomorrow.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jy9626)
    Is it possible to apply to Oxford or Cambridge while you're retaking some IB exams in November?
    The deadline for applying to Oxbridge is October and interviews are held in December.
    But the IB exams take place in November, and the results come out in January.
    Is it possible to apply to Oxbridge even if you're a November retake candidate?

If so, how is it done?

I need an answer urgently, since I'm in the process of deciding whether to retake or not when the deadline is tomorrow.

Thanks
    You will have to apply with your predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angie45)
    You will have to apply with your predicted grades.
    But who will give me predicted grades when I've already done a set of exams in May? Will I have to give Oxbridge my previous predicted grades which I got last October?

ReputationRep:
    yup you can apply as a retake. um the application is same as you applied through UCAS last year, coz you exam is after the submission of Oxbridge app so you will needa submit your predicted grades, when the results come out, contact the uni immediately so that they can make a decision, if you met the offer of course.

ReputationRep:
    ...but how are the predicted grades going to be produced and sent?

ReputationRep:
    Heyy!
    have you decided whether or not you're applying for Oxbridge??
    I'm in the same position myself!

I mean, do you give the grades of the subjects you're not retaking?? along with the predicted grades of the subjects you are retaking.
    Its quite confusing!

Also, i heard from my school counselor, that oxbridge don't bother looking at students who did retake. Is that true?
    My counselor is usuall pretty reliable but i just want to know.

Thanks in advance!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes you needa submit the grades you achieved (the certificate would do) and the predicted ones you are retaking. Yeah oxbridge occasionally do take retakes but ofcuz you needa meet their basic requirements first.

ReputationRep:
    Basic requirements?

Also, do they have a higher condition for retake students??

ReputationRep:
    basic requirements are getting at least 38 points and preferably at least 666 or 766 at HL.
    No they dont.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!
    You're quite awesome!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.