Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my induction at the Spar shop tommorow and i just wondered if anyone had worked at their local Spar or a similar shop and could give me some advice / what to be prepared for / general opinions etc?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    My mate used to work in Spar. He was robbed so many times. Held at knife-point once, too.

Good luck .

ReputationRep:
    i worked in my local co-op, the customers treat you like *****. never retaliate though, just request that they leave the shop. i once banned a schoolgirl because she would come into the shop, throw things on the floor and leave!

have fun though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've worked for Spar for 2 years now, I do Saturday nights and occasionally other nights, and I've actually grown to really like it! Our customers are normally really friendly and you get to know a fair few cos it's a local shop...
    Took me a while to get used to things and work out what I was doing, found it hard to sleep at first after the shifts, but I really enjoy it now
    *hopes this doesn't make me sound too sad...*

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.