Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The N-word for blacks are censored but paki, spic, jap, gook, chinaman, and chink is not censored!!!
    Why is that?

:iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Censorship is not consistent. It should be banned. Especially for music and films. The ITV 2 edit of American Pie 2 is just stupid.

ReputationRep:
    i have a chink in my armour.

ReputationRep:
    pakistan has 'paki' in it. n1ggerstan does not exist, neither do any words with the N word in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KinkyBear)
    The N-word for blacks are censored but paki and chink is not censored!!!
    Why is that?
    Because chink can be used in a legitimate (non-racist) context.

Also, Paki was never originally a racist term. It just got hijacked by the racists/ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you blocked it you would block other legitimate words in the process. And chink is not solely used as a racist term.

ReputationRep:
    is google racist too? search for "jew" and you get an explanation for offensive results, search for the n word and you get nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I think to eliminate racism we should first all work on not being a Scunthorpe.

You can block bad words without blocking other words which use that combination of letters.

ReputationRep:
    Paki
    Chink

Wow, it works.

ReputationRep:
    gyppo...gayer...lesbo...spacker. ..poohead...

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually more surprised that a mod has replied to this thread and not deleted it

Calm down, Charlie Brown.

ReputationRep:
    "Chinaman" is offensive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fake Plastic Trees)
    pakistan has 'paki' in it. n1ggerstan does not exist, neither do any words with the N word in them
    Strange then, how the 'N' word is in the Oxford English Dictionary...because it doesn't exist apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morlock)
    Strange then, how the 'N' word is in the Oxford English Dictionary...because it doesn't exist apparently.
    The only word the "N" word makes is the "N" word. Paki makes Pakistan, that's what he meant yo.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.