Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at some suits for six form and came accross this one suit called a nick suit. Could someone explain what type of suit that is and can you wear it to six form. It doesn't look any different to a normal one exept it only has one button at the front.

If someone can help me out, it would be great.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it might just be the name for that style of jacket.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, cos i weirdly I thought it was a type of suit you wear to court, nvm. I really like it so i'll buy it next week

ReputationRep:
    erm yh probably that particular style or material, maybe its relevant to the brand or 'model'
    but as far as me and 6th form suits go:
    erm well mainly its down to 1,2,3 buttoned jackets, 1=least formal 3= CEO kinda sh*t.
    doesnt really matter in 6th form tbh, i have 2 and 3 button jacket suits.
    the main thing is probably the fit, i prefer a slimer fit, though you wont normally be told so specifically on most suits, find which jacket length you prefer, i.e after the size in inches it will say S,R or L; short-regular-long which is the length down your body you would like it to go.

i would just go for whatever you feel is appropriate, maybe see what your friends are wearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandark)
    erm yh probably that particular style or material, maybe its relevant to the brand or 'model'
    but as far as me and 6th form suits go:
    erm well mainly its down to 1,2,3 buttoned jackets, 1=least formal 3= CEO kinda sh*t.
    doesnt really matter in 6th form tbh, i have 2 and 3 button jacket suits.
    the main thing is probably the fit, i prefer a slimer fit, though you wont normally be told so specifically on most suits, find which jacket length you prefer, i.e after the size in inches it will say S,R or L; short-regular-long which is the length down your body you would like it to go.

i would just go for whatever you feel is appropriate, maybe see what your friends are wearing.
    Thanks for that advice, really appreciate it. I also like to wear slim fit suits. I will probably buy one suit and then see what others are wearing and then buy another one. As for the buttons I found this interesting website, it might be usefull for some people.
    http://www.ahfashion.com/men_suit/ma..._and_style.htm

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.