Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have applied for Halls online, I have also accepted my unconditional offer but have not received any information about a room in halls.

If i get into Halls when will the rooms be allocated.

PS- Any one starting FdA Music Production in September.

Nathan

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard they'll probably do it after results.
    Not sure if they give priority to unconditionals though, if so then you might get yours the week before.
    Either way I wouldn't hold your breath, they don't even seem to know their own policies on accommodation nor do they seem particularly organised with...ANYTHING.

*goes back to her corner to be bitter*

ReputationRep:
    I've had my offer this week - they do unconditionals before the A-Levels, as far as I understand it.

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were talking about Sussex! I don't know about Brighton.

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply for Brighton or Sussex University Halls.

Nathan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathLornie)
    Hi

I have applied for Halls online, I have also accepted my unconditional offer but have not received any information about a room in halls.

If i get into Halls when will the rooms be allocated.

PS- Any one starting FdA Music Production in September.

Nathan
    If u recently applied for halls im sorry to say u would not get a place because the deadline for accomodation was more then a month ago. Ive got a unconditional offer aswell and i thought they would have given people with unconditional offers places first. Turns out they allocate places randomly which i think is stupid because that would mean people who actually live locally to the area could have a place whereas people who live far dont :mad: . I think they should change it to something like this -
    1) people who have unconditional offers and have brighton as thier firm choice
    2) conditional offers and have brighton has thier firm
    3)conditional offers and insurance
    4) people who went into clearing and want places.

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 18 May and on the 17 March confirmed Brighton as my firm choice, Still have not heard from them. I would like to know where the hell i will be living and when i will be moving !!. They leave it god dam late. lol

ReputationRep:
    New students guide
    Accommodation

"If you have accepted an unconditional offer from the university you should have heard from the accommodation office by the end of July."

http://www.brighton.ac.uk/newstudents/accommodation/livinginhalls.php?PageId=808

Hope its not just me. .. .. Shall i call them or just wait ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathLornie)
    New students guide
    Accommodation

"If you have accepted an unconditional offer from the university you should have heard from the accommodation office by the end of July."

http://www.brighton.ac.uk/newstudents/accommodation/livinginhalls.php?PageId=808

Hope its not just me. .. .. Shall i call them or just wait ?
    Call them up if they havent contacted you yet just for reassurance. Hopefully everything should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    i have a conditional offer for brighton as my firm choice, emailed about my halls application and they told me that i've been allocated a place and where i'll be living.
    if in doubt, email or phone up, and i'm sure they'll be happy to help!

ReputationRep:

Hope its not just me. .. .. Shall i call them or just wait ?[/QUOTE]

I called them last week and they said they have been having problems with their computers.

They said I'd hear from them this week but I still haven't

Aaand I got an unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer I accepted in March and didn't get halls

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.