Turn on thread page Beta

Can a Girl really have a male best friend? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flight409)
    Basically, is there such thing a a girl having a 'best friend' who is a Hetrosexual male without anything else happening?
    Yes, one of my best friends is a hetrosexual male and there is NOTHING going on there.

You start to seem them as a brother - and aint no one wanting something to happen there after that!

ReputationRep:
    as long as the 2 individuals can have sex together no...so i would exclude bisex and hetero male friends...

ReputationRep:
    "I love you like a borther", "you are such a good friends" etc.

Its pretty clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Yes, one of my best friends is a hetrosexual male and there is NOTHING going on there.

You start to seem them as a brother - and aint no one wanting something to happen there after that!
    Well if this the case then the girl i'm thinking of has been involved in iincest, lol She said that before..

ReputationRep:
    Well if this the case then the girl i'm thinking of has been involved in iincest, lol She said that before..
    :no:

The boy i'm talking about has been "brother/friend zoned" by all of our group really, I feel sorry for him about that sometimes but he really is like a brother! None of us have ever seen him in that way really, we have for a day but realised what we felt was not in that way - we just liked him a lot as a friend.

ReputationRep:
    Being a guy, and speaking not only for myself but with what I know based on my male friends, I would have to say, yes a girl having a male best friend is no problem at all. In fact, it's pretty common.
    But I think that same guy (who's straight) seeing you as his best friend, and his best friend only, like the way he sees a guy best friend, is extremely rare at best.

There's ALWAYS something more, no matter how slight, maybe not ongoing but definitely at one point or another! Thing is though if he is a reallyyy good friend then he'd make sure that didn't get in the way of your friendship no matter what. That's what matters in the end anyway. We didn't choose to be born with never-ending instinctive urges to reproduce you know!

ReputationRep:
    Basically, is there such thing a a girl having a 'best friend' who is a Hetrosexual male without anything else happening?
    From my experience? No, not without causing him a lot of heartache and other crap as well.

Bitter, me?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's perfectly possible. I've always liked the idea of my best friend being a girl.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - one of my best friends is male. I don't fancy him in the slightest and as far as I can tell he doesn't fancy me either. Even if he does, he's in a really happy, long-term relationship so it has no effect on us at all. We tell each other pretty much everything and I'm as comfortable around him as with any of my female friends. There's nothing romantic or sexual between us at all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they're often straight as a circle though.

ReputationRep:
    In movies ? Certainly
    In reality? Never

A man and a woman can never be just "friends"
    It's sad but true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    In movies ? Certainly
    In reality? Never

A man and a woman can never be just "friends"
    It's sad but true
    Best answer so far..

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Ofcourse a guy can be a breast best friend to a girl :rolleyes:

Had to be done :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Sure.

ReputationRep:
    Yussss =)

ReputationRep:
    Of course, although I know people who argue that a degree of sexual attration is always involved in these instances.

ReputationRep:
    my best friend's a guy. saying that, he's also very gay...
    i do think the answer to your question is yes though.

ReputationRep:
    No. NEVER!

ReputationRep:
    I think they definetly can. I have guy friends i would never thinkg of in that way. Alot of people are not sexually attracted to their friends

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.