Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can a Girl really have a male best friend? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think you can have a friend who is a guy....my best friend is a guy, but he is gay so its kinda not a problem...but i cant see why two people cant be friends and have no sexual feelings towards each other

ReputationRep:
    of course.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes and yes.
    But to be fair most of mine had gay-ish tendencies and were quite effeminate (even though they're apparently straight).
    And there can be some tension there occasionally, but yeah, totally. I had male best friends for years.

my best friend is a guy and we dont find each other attractive, probably because we have been friends since we were five

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's possible. One of my best friends is indeed a male And hetrosexual

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend, we were best friends for ages and i suspected there might be something at his end, but definitely not mine. Anyhow, he decided to tell me on msn that he was 'crazy about me'. I didnt handle it maturely, basically ignored that it ever happened, luckily he decided to play along. And it all got back to normal.
    About a year ago he got a bit touchy feely with me, pretending it was all playful. Eventually he found a group of girls who were willing to flirt with him and lead him on just for their own amusement, which he seemed fine with.
    I left him to it.
    Basically we stopped talking for about a year, neither of us knowing how to approach the other.
    Then eventually i sucked it up, and spoke to him.
    Its getting back to how it should be.

I think boys and girls can be friends as long as there is no attraction on either side.
    The only reason this friendship has lasted so long is that i refuse to lose him as a friend, there is no-one who makes me laugh more in the world - but theres just no attraction there.
    I dont know whether thats selfish of me, but i've never gave the suggestion that i wanted anything more than friendship. Sometimes i thought it would be a whole lot easier if i just went out with him. But thats not what i want.

I dont know, its complicated, but completely worth it.

Oh, dear, not again...

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.