Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here keep a blog about their student life during the first year of uni? I'm getting excited about starting at uni and I found this one really interesting. I'd love to read some more if anyone has one they'd like to share! I'd also be interested in any that aren't about the first year.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Its worth doing so you can look back on your time, i made a blog at the end of my second year of some nights just monging with mates. want to read it when i hopefully go travelling.

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on writing some blog entries on my time once September rolls around. I started my blog a few weeks ago and filled it with reviews of stuff I've watched/read/played/made in the mean time, but I stopped writing XD

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd kept mine going during my gap, I ended up deleting it. I'll probably re-start one for uni, I'm not sure whether to make it public or not though....

ReputationRep:
    Mine has some uni related post on it going to try and blog more often next year. Links in my sig if anyone interested

ReputationRep:
    I recorded all the memories of the first year. Good and bad. Might be fun to look back on.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do a blog for my last course, but when I start again in September i'm going to think about doing one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Mine has some uni related post on it going to try and blog more often next year. Links in my sig if anyone interested
    Hey, thanks, I'll take a look!

And thanks to everyone else for posting I'm also thinking about doing one when (/if!) I go, because I'd like people who are excited about starting this time next year to be able to read about my experience and know what to expect. Although once it's actually happening I'll probably be too busy/lazy to do it lol.

ReputationRep:
    I briefly did a blog when I was at uni (before I dropped out). Will start it up again when I go to uni this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    I briefly did a blog when I was at uni (before I dropped out). Will start it up again when I go to uni this year.
    Thanks for the link, I just read through and it was really interesting! I'm sorry law didn't work out for you! Hope everything goes well with French

ReputationRep:
    I've already started one, have about six updates so far. Nothing much to put until my course kicks in, but I'll be doing that from September onwards.

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to blog a lot more this year, I wish I'd started earlier in my fresher's year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I'm planning to blog a lot more this year, I wish I'd started earlier in my fresher's year.
    Thanks for posting! I'll take a look at your blog now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else think that there should be a frshers blog section on TSR??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    I remember last year I bookmarked your blog!!, cause I was planning on doing Law the next year and with each post I just got more and more scared loll (but im still gonna be doing for some odd reason?)... I hope French goes much better for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripey)
    Did anyone here keep a blog about their student life during the first year of uni? I'm getting excited about starting at uni and I found this one really interesting. I'd love to read some more if anyone has one they'd like to share! I'd also be interested in any that aren't about the first year.

Thanks!
    This one is written by hannah_dru - TSR Member

I'm hoping to do a blog about my placement year and maybe continue it into my final year if I post on it enough... I'll put a link in my sig. when I finally decide to start it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Hiya, i've just read ya blog. Was really interesting especially since i'm going to Northumbria uni in Sept to do a Biology degree.

How do you make a blog anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seyoung1)
    Hiya, i've just read ya blog. Was really interesting especially since i'm going to Northumbria uni in Sept to do a Biology degree.

How do you make a blog anyway?
    go one www.blogger.com or wordpress and register then follow the instruction its really simple. I use to blogger as you can subscribe to blogs you read and update your own all on one website.

ReputationRep:
    There was a "Freshers diary" in the Education section of the Independent every Thursday (I'm not sure if they've published it online somewhere though)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.