Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If your parents earn less than £17,200 and you get "3 A's" your entitled to a bursary of £1,000 something. Is that 3 A's at A2, or 3 A's in whatever qualifications are in your offer? e.g. - A mixture of A2's and AS's?

ReputationRep:
    It'll mean 3 whole A-Levels, as in A2 Levels. I'm not sure if they accept 2 AS's in place of 1 A2 but I don't see why not...

ReputationRep:
    Is this for any uni? And does it apply to other qualifications too?

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 Distinctions from a BTEC. Does that count? Because technically I couldn't have got better results.

And is it too late to apply for the bursary for 09 now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfen)
    Is this for any uni? And does it apply to other qualifications too?
    No, not every university offers this. Also, it's not always £1000, could be much more/much less...there are many that offer around £3000 for AAA. It does apply to other qualifications, they should state ''or equivalent'' on the bursary information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisianaPuuurchase)
    It'll mean 3 whole A-Levels, as in A2 Levels. I'm not sure if they accept 2 AS's in place of 1 A2 but I don't see why not...
    Ah. Just my luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.