Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_alison_xx)
    I am carrying out a secondary research to in investigate:

The energy drinks markets:

Market segments and target markets

and i have no idea what to type?

Any ideas?
    Let me tell you something fresh and real. I've been a true fan of energy drinks since I discovered Red Bull (RB) back in '02. Since then, I've been living the RB lifestyle all day every day. I've been living big. Alas, times are changing and the market is moving in a new direction; quanity over quality.

As you can understand, I'm a proponent of quality (that only RB can or ever has offered) as opposed to the stomach melting, 'beer-can' imitators that are sacheting onto the open fridges of the modern day. Sure, they're cheap. Sure, they offer double the product for a similar cost. Sure, they offer the same 'stimulants' as the traditional RB. But what is this country coming to when a man can't demand a product that stays true to it's roots and it's cause, while still retaining an affordable YET premium price?

I'll leave you to decide the answer to that question, but before you do, just consider the heartache that a Spar owner goes through every time he has to buy stock of Relentless/Rockstar or even, God forbid Monster.

ReputationRep:
    You could start by making a list of all the energy drinks you can think of (or prehaps go in to a shop and have a look). Then consider:
    -The packaging
    -The price
    -Where it is sold (ie are they often stocked in petrol stations to appeal to tired drivers?)
    -Any adverts for the drinks you can find (try googling it)
    -The ingredients (drinks with added vitamins may be trying to appeal to the more health concious consumers)
    -The website (the colours, images and language used gives an indication of the target audience)

Once you have this information is should be a bit easier to figure out the segmentation and target market. Of course some drinks will appeal to different groups of people. For example, Redbull is a popular drink in clubs but some people may drink it to get going in the mornings and i personally think it appeals to both young men and women. Alternatively I think Relentless is aimed more at men due to the packaging.

I hope thats somewhat helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    Let me tell you something fresh and real. I've been a true fan of energy drinks since I discovered Red Bull (RB) back in '02. Since then, I've been living the RB lifestyle all day every day. I've been living big. Alas, times are changing and the market is moving in a new direction; quanity over quality.

As you can understand, I'm a proponent of quality (that only RB can or ever has offered) as opposed to the stomach melting, 'beer-can' imitators that are sacheting onto the open fridges of the modern day. Sure, they're cheap. Sure, they offer double the product for a similar cost. Sure, they offer the same 'stimulants' as the traditional RB. But what is this country coming to when a man can't demand a product that stays true to it's roots and it's cause, while still retaining an affordable YET premium price?

I'll leave you to decide the answer to that question, but before you do, just consider the heartache that a Spar owner goes through every time he has to buy stock of Relentless/Rockstar or even, God forbid Monster.
    Wow, you seem very passionate.

Just to inform you RB isn't going anywhere, pubs and clubs still stock it over its substitutes, and the company is turning over millions, so stop worrying about inferior goods taking its place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    Wow, you seem very passionate.

Just to inform you RB isn't going anywhere, pubs and clubs still stock it over its substitutes, and the company is turning over millions, so stop worrying about inferior goods taking its place!
    Open your eyes, Son. Times are changing. Right this second I've got different brands on my desk, and I'm an RB man!

ReputationRep:
    Open your eyes, Son. Times are changing. Right this second I've got different brands on my desk, and I'm an RB man!
    Obviously. No-one made you buy the different brands.. Consumers shape what is supplied by demanding it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    Obviously. No-one made you buy the different brands.. Consumers shape what is supplied by demanding it.
    Really? I guess my A in Economics and Business studies at A level and two years in financial planning never taught me that.

My posts weren't serious, buddy.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I guess my A in Economics and Business studies at A level and two years in financial planning never taught me that.

My posts weren't serious, buddy.
    I know...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.