Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Facebook Stalker Check Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    It can't be just on profile activity because someone who's literally only left me one comment ever and no other messages or likes came up as my 6th stalker

hmmmmmmmmmm
    I guess it works then? :dunno:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    It can't be just on profile activity because someone who's literally only left me one comment ever and no other messages or likes came up as my 6th stalker

hmmmmmmmmmm
    "for privacy reasons, this app only lists users who have interacted with your profile at least once during your friendship (e.g. by writing on your wall, or liking something). Real stalkers (the creepy kind) are protected by Facebook Privacy, and will never be revealed, by this or any other app."

from facebook

ReputationRep:
    Imagine that... Some grandma too find out her grandson was viewing her facebook 1/2 naked bikini holiday photo everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh ok but what if there was some next software that ppl could install to expose the creepy stalkers (the proper ones) would you all be scared ****less

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember ages ago when you could press the down arrow in the search bar and it would display about 5 seemingly random names, and there were rumours that it was the 5 last people to have looked at your profile, or the 5 people who look at it most often? Facebook denied it but the list disappeared pretty fast after that.

ReputationRep:
    5 of my top 7 stalkers on there are TSRers :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memyselfandi93)
    its already been released.......
    Where ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    I was just wondering on whether if facebook were to release a proper stalker check that exposes who's been on who's profile, and who's been constantly viewing others pics and all that.

If facebook released something like that would you still go on it,
    I'm sure it would prove a lot of people still check their ex boyf/girlf's profiles. Invasion of privacy though I think. I know bebo makes it possible for you to see who's been on your profile, but only if they agree... However that defies the point:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wish they had something like that. I hate facebook stalkers.

ReputationRep:
    Don't donwload anything , they're alll viruses !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haydoncrewduk)
    "for privacy reasons, this app only lists users who have interacted with your profile at least once during your friendship (e.g. by writing on your wall, or liking something). Real stalkers (the creepy kind) are protected by Facebook Privacy, and will never be revealed, by this or any other app."

from facebook
    I wonder if it works if you are no longer talking to one of your FB friends, ie if they have removed you from their list??.:cool:

Anyway I have seen this today and it doesnt trouble me. My profile is set to private anyway, so it will only be my friends that "stalk" me....not some internet weirdos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haydoncrewduk)

from facebook

Yeah I did read that but it was quite confusing how they worked it out if the person really didn't come into contact with my profile that much :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    to bad this isnt real, i really wanted to know who was stalking me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If you post things publicly in the internet I don't see why you have a right to complain about people 'stalking' (constantly viewing) your profile or pictures. Don't put anything on there that you don't want random strangers seeing. A far bigger concern should be other people putting stuff there of you that you don't want others to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    If you post things publicly in the internet I don't see why you have a right to complain about people 'stalking' (constantly viewing) your profile or pictures. Don't put anything on there that you don't want random strangers seeing. A far bigger concern should be other people putting stuff there of you that you don't want others to see.
    Exactly this. You can hardly complain about stalking if you don't set your privacy settings up correctly and display personal information. Or god forbid, add strangers as friends :rolleyes: Beware, they're watching your every move, soon they'll know what your favourite song is and the result of that Edward Cullen quiz you took.

ReputationRep:
    haha, it's definitely fake. the top few are by things like wall to walls, then people you have a lot of photos with, then what seems like a pretty regularly pattered 'random' selection of the rest of my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Seriously. I don't really get why people are so bothered by this. If you put something on Facebook, you know it's there for people to see. So why would anyone care who's looking at their profile? Just set it to friends only and there's no problem.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gunna have to get a new hobby!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)

hmmmmmmmmmm
    What about tags and things?

ReputationRep:
    Or could just be random.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.