The Student Room Group
Reply 1
shakespeare-tempest was a really easy question but I missed out some things. Persuasion-really long passage-41/2 pages ran out of time. poetry was quite good. really obvious question
Reply 2
I thought that the Shakespeare Antony and Cleopatra was excellent as well. Poetry and prose was ok, thought the Dracula question was good, but the Tony Harrison wasn't quite what I was hoping for!
Reply 3
I did AQA, thought Wiuthering Heights was pretty OK, did first question - Streetcar was excellent, again, did 1st question - but...Paradise lost was a disaster...o well...just have to hope i picked up enough marks elsewhere :p:
Reply 4
xXxKatiexXx
I did AQA, thought Wiuthering Heights was pretty OK, did first question - Streetcar was excellent, again, did 1st question - but...Paradise lost was a disaster...o well...just have to hope i picked up enough marks elsewhere :p:

I did Aqa aswell, did first Wise Children question, First Glass Menagerie Question and Second Millers tale question, none were particularly hard but i don't think i did great.
Chris.
I did Aqa aswell, did first Wise Children question, First Glass Menagerie Question and Second Millers tale question, none were particularly hard but i don't think i did great.

I did GM and TMT on that paper too :smile: On GM I did the question about his psychiatrist's quote, and for Miller's Tale I did the Absolon question. I think it went pretty well, judging by the fact I wrote the same amount I normally do which is always a good sign, and the GM q was quite easy.
Reply 6
*Bethany*
I did GM and TMT on that paper too :smile: On GM I did the question about his psychiatrist's quote, and for Miller's Tale I did the Absolon question. I think it went pretty well, judging by the fact I wrote the same amount I normally do which is always a good sign, and the GM q was quite easy.

Ah, i did the other Glass Menagerie question as it seemed easier at the time, my essay wasn't grea though. GM is such a good play though, Williams is a legend.

I also did Absolon question so i could include satire of the church and courtly love easily, that went a bit better but still didn't go out feeling i showed my potential but nevermind.
I did OCR -- Tempest was quite good, my browning's not as good as i'd like but jane eyre was v. good (red room -- anyone's dream! :biggrin: ) overall i think they were quite fair with the questions they set, but those were just for my texts, don't know about all the other plays/prose that other ppl are doing, i heard persuasion wasn't so good?
Reply 8
I did the handmaids tale, question 3 (the one about how atwood uses the memories of luke and her daughter). I thought it went alright, although I started going on about feminism when I don't really think the question had anything to do with it.... oh well!
Reply 9
I know this shouldn't be in the forum since I did CIE. but yea it was literature nevertheless. we did shakespeare's macbeth which i believe i did pretty well. n the other one was an extract from one of Keats's poems which i'm sure i screwed.
hopefully i'll manage a B though. but a C wouldn't surprise me!
Reply 10
AQA here. Pride and Prejudice, John Donne, Death of a Saleman. Confident of a good A.
Reply 11
i aint sure how i did :confused: cos i thought i did ok in like half of the essays then the other half were rushed but nvm its all over wiv now :smile:
Reply 12
I did AQA, glass, handmaid's and chaucer. The questions didn't seem too challenging, but there was something a bit 'off' about them, so you couldn't really tell how well it was going or whether you were giving them what they wanted.

I need a high A, and I'm not sure if I managed it... we saw an example 20/20 paper a week before the test, for handmaid's and it wasn't actually that amazing. The teacher described it as "good, but I've seen better from this class". So here's hoping. In exams I just tend to blather on about something like the use of music in the 1995 production of glass, when I'm meant to be talking about the american dream.

On plus side, wrote a lot and the timing was ok.
Mata
I did AQA, glass, handmaid's and chaucer. The questions didn't seem too challenging, but there was something a bit 'off' about them, so you couldn't really tell how well it was going or whether you were giving them what they wanted.

I need a high A, and I'm not sure if I managed it... we saw an example 20/20 paper a week before the test, for handmaid's and it wasn't actually that amazing. The teacher described it as "good, but I've seen better from this class". So here's hoping. In exams I just tend to blather on about something like the use of music in the 1995 production of glass, when I'm meant to be talking about the american dream.

On plus side, wrote a lot and the timing was ok.

Oh I did GM and Chaucer too; I did the other GM question though. Actually managed to keep within the limits of the booklet for once (11 1/2 pages) because I was so tired :frown: Think it went ok; I sooo nearly did the American Dream q cos it looked really interesting, but I make a rule of doing the opposite question to the one my gut instinct tells me to do and it usually works for some bizarre reason.

Hope you did get your high A :smile: - bet you did :biggrin: (hope I did too...)

Latest

Trending

Trending