Turn on thread page Beta

Being a virgin is something to be proud of. watch

ReputationRep:
    There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a loser.
    This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.
    Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
    What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
    There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.

edit: spelling

ReputationRep:
    the non virgins are gona slate you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    the ****s are gona slate you
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Intentions)

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.
    Actually lots of animals control their sexual desire. What distinguishes us (and dolphins) is that we're the only animals that have sex for pleasure.

So why is it such a big deal? Its just an act involving two people, it is fun, and it doesnt have to be this big important thing that society dictates it to be (which then goes and causes emotional distress for pretty much every teenager), and it doesnt even have to be part of a relationship. Why is virginity a big deal? and why would anyone want to have sex with only one person ever?! Our needs change, our desires change, the people in our lives change.

Theres nothing wrong with virginity, but theres nothing wrong with having sex.

What if when you do do it with someone you love they think you are ridiculously appauling at it, and lose interest in you due to your total hopelessness and ineptitude?

ReputationRep:
    But why would you want to control your desire? Sex is good.

I wouldn't give two s**** whether future bfs were virgins or not. Haha or does this only apply to women?

ReputationRep:
    It's nothing to be proud of. Nor should having sex make you proud of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't lost mine. I've just temporarily misplaced it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    the people who actually socialize and are outgoing are gona slate you

fixed again

ReputationRep:
    Better than being a ****. In fact, what isn't?

ReputationRep:
    You can pride yourself on the ability to hold in faecal matter but you're still going to look like a prat exclaiming it to be the next moomoo in fashion.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    People place far too much importance on virginity. It isn't important at all. Lose it when you want. I couldn't give a damn if some girl though her virginity was the 'greatest gift' she could give to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What if when you do do it with someone you love they think you are ridiculously appauling at it, and lose interest in you due to your total hopelessness and ineptitude?
    Then you're an idiot and a poor judge of character.

You can be intelligent about losing your virginity, y'know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MayhemAM)
    fixed again
    Haha, no.

ReputationRep:
    0.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    Actually lots of animals control their sexual desire. What distinguishes us (and dolphins) is that we're the only animals that have sex for pleasure.

So why is it such a big deal? Its just an act involving two people, it is fun, and it doesnt have to be this big important thing that society dictates it to be (which then goes and causes emotional distress for pretty much every teenager), and it doesnt even have to be part of a relationship. Why is virginity a big deal? and why would anyone want to have sex with only one person ever?! Our needs change, our desires change, the people in our lives change.

Theres nothing wrong with virginity, but theres nothing wrong with having sex.
    i might be wrong but i think some other animals do it for pleasure, i'm pretty sure pigs do for one and i think there are others? closer relatives to humans prehaps? dunno, anyway feel free to ignore this, its quite unrelated to topic,

ReputationRep:
    What is there to be proud of? :confused:

They aren't as pathetic as ****s though.

ReputationRep:
    Well OP.

I certainly wasn't thinking "i'm so proud of you Chris, you did it!" when I lost my virginity. More so "wow this feels great!". I wasn't ashamed at all and I wasn't proud either.

ReputationRep:
    Ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Intentions)
    There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a looser.
    This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.
    Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
    What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
    There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.
    Fair enough. Just don't moralise at your non-virgin mates, or they'll think you're a knob.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.