Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being a virgin is something to be proud of. Watch

Do you guys have any idea how it affects us to know that you've had sex when you wer 18 or whatever?? You non-virgins make me so insecure, i feel like Iv archieved nothing even tho ive been to uni and back, helped my mum through the death of my dad and depression. Some people start feeling suicidal so please keep it to yourselves and dont rub it in our face, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Intentions)
    berlin wall of text
    There is nothing to be proud about either being or not being a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you guys have any idea how it affects us to know that you've had sex when you wer 18 or whatever?? You non-virgins make me so insecure, i feel like Iv archieved nothing even tho ive been to uni and back, helped my mum through the death of my dad and depression. Some people start feeling suicidal so please keep it to yourselves and dont rub it in our face, thanks
    Get a grip tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pan's-Labyrinth)
    Are you for real.
    You clearly haven't been in a heated situation with someone before.
    Of course you can control it. Thats why cheating isn't a foregone conclusion.

(Original post by cowsgoquack)
    Get a grip tbh.
    I'd like to see you get a grip if u were in my shoes, ungrateful cow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    Not strictly true (unfortunately) - if it were true then one of the weapons of peer pressure would be neutralised.

Why can't we have mutual respect for each others choices without prejudice (at least where we are not affected by the person's choice).
    Obviously I know some people hold that opinion hence why peer pressure occurs, but I meant in terms of it isn't a written rule that you have to adhere to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'd like to see you get a grip if u were in my shoes, ungrateful cow
    What situation? We're talking about being a virgin here. Everyone has been in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can control it. Thats why cheating isn't a foregone conclusion.
    Ok yes you can but there are some circumstances in which you can't thats quite apparent is it not.

ReputationRep:
    Get a grip tbh.
    Yeah like someone else said about being in thier situation, unless you have experienced the death of a parent like I myself have you really are in no position to be saying that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like someone else said about being in thier situation, unless you have experienced the death of a parent like I myself have you really are in no position to be saying that.
    What has the death of a parent got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    Ok yes you can but there are some circumstances in which you can't thats quite apparent is it not.
    Like what? :confused: rape?

ReputationRep:
    What has the death of a parent got to do with anything?
    That girl just clearly stated about helping her mum get over the death of her mums dad or what have you, and its still her relative, and Im saying that having had personal experience of having a relative/parent die its not that easy to just get a grip, and no im not talking about rape thats isn't on topic, you clearly don't understand where I'm coming from, nor can I really be arsed to spell it out to you so forget I said anything comprendez?.

ReputationRep:
    That girl just clearly stated about helping her mum get over the death of her mums dad or what have you, and its still her relative, and Im saying that having had personal experience of having a relative/parent die its not that easy to just get a grip, and no im not talking about rape thats isn't on topic, you clearly don't understand where I'm coming from, nor can I really be arsed to spell it out to you so forget I said anything comprendez?.
    She was saying that being a virgin was making her feel suicidal, that being a virgin was making her life horrible. Well frankly she needs to reevaluate her perspective on how important it is. I'm not telling her to get a grip because her dad died... I would have thought going through something like that would have made her more aware of the priorities in life if anything. BUt like you say, ivie not persoanlly experienced that, but like I say, its not really the point.

I understand what you#re saying. It's just stupid. You're saying that there are situations where it is impossible not to have sex. I argue that that is bullcrap. You always have a choice (except rape). There is no way you will be 'so overwhelmed with 'chemisty' that you just have to have sex. Sure it might be a strong urge, but if you want to stop you can.

ReputationRep:
    She was saying that being a virgin was making her feel suicidal, that being a virgin was making her life horrible. Well frankly she needs to reevaluate her perspective on how important it is. I'm not telling her to get a grip because her dad died... I would have thought going through something like that would have made her more aware of the priorities in life if anything. BUt like you say, ivie not persoanlly experienced that, but like I say, its not really the point.

I understand what you#re saying. It's just stupid. You're saying that there are situations where it is impossible not to have sex. I argue that that is bullcrap. You always have a choice (except rape). There is no way you will be 'so overwhelmed with 'chemisty' that you just have to have sex. Sure it might be a strong urge, but if you want to stop you can.
    Ok my bad I guess I misunderstood the get a grip reply, in terms of what it was aimed at, and in regards to the whole sex thing yeah I guess you can control it but there are situations where it is almost impossible, obviosuly rape is a no brainer you can't, but sometimes in the heat of the moment even then its hard to stop yourself because its all your thinking about at the current time, but yeah I see where your coming from.

ReputationRep:

You make a good point, it's very easy to decide "Nope, I don't want to have sex with you". No matter how hot the person is.

ReputationRep:
    Ok my bad I guess I misunderstood the get a grip reply, in terms of what it was aimed at, and in regards to the whole sex thing yeah I guess you can control it but there are situations where it is almost impossible, obviosuly rape is a no brainer you can't, but sometimes in the heat of the moment even then its hard to stop yourself because its all your thinking about at the current time, but yeah I see where your coming from.
    As long as the person in question doesn't already have a boyfriend or girlfriend then it's ok i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Well I mean the thread is about virginity so thats what I replied about :p: thats all.

Oh yeah it can be tempting sometimes...

ReputationRep:
    This annoys me, why is everyone making such a big deal out of if you are or you aren't

People are saying it's better to be a virgin than a ****.

Well if im honest you can get lost because just because you've had sex doesn't make you a ****.

And even if you sleep around what's wrong with having some fun?

Ive only slept with by boyfriend who ive been with for 3 years and sometimes i wish i'd had a bit of fun before i'd settled down.

It doesn't matter if you are or you aren't.

The first time sucks anyway it's always a big let down everyone makes sex out to be the biggest thing in life, well here's some advice.

Sex isn't the most amazing thing ever, why do you have to constantly over analyse it!!!!!!

Get over it!

ReputationRep:
    Well I mean the thread is about virginity so thats what I replied about :p: thats all.

Oh yeah it can be tempting sometimes...
    Yeah sorry think I had gotten all hot headed about some of the ridiculous posts on here so was venting, apologies. Indeed indeed, yet some people can't seem to comprehend with that and think its all in black and white:woo:.

Anyhows im off for a wonder, ciao for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyeUpFoxy)
    This annoys me, why is everyone making such a big deal out of if you are or you aren't

People are saying it's better to be a virgin than a ****.

Well if im honest you can get lost because just because you've had sex doesn't make you a ****.

And even if you sleep around what's wrong with having some fun?

Ive only slept with by boyfriend who ive been with for 3 years and sometimes i wish i'd had a bit of fun before i'd settled down.

It doesn't matter if you are or you aren't.

The first time sucks anyway it's always a big let down everyone makes sex out to be the biggest thing in life, well here's some advice.

Sex isn't the most amazing thing ever, why do you have to constantly over analyse it!!!!!!

Get over it!
    Hear hear. !!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.