Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being a virgin is something to be proud of. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Go **** your purity ring

ReputationRep:
    What is it with everyone and spelling 'loser', 'looser'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Intentions)
    There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a looser.
    This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.
    Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
    What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
    There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.
    SOMEONE'S not gettin' any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    You sir, along with about 80% of people put far too much on virginity.
    There's no reason to be overly proud? But ashamed? Who cares?

I haven't lost mine, and I don't care, I'm not ashamed, and I wont be proud when I lose it, sex before marriage is a joke, unless I fall head over heels in love, I don't want to get married and settle down until I can support a family.

If anything it just puts more pressure on the individual, or puts pressure on people to marry, which is plain stupid. Sex is something to be enjoyed, so when I lose my V and actually start having sex, I will be neither here nor there about it.
    I agree completely. I never liked the idea of abstinence before marriage anyway. Sort of like jumping into the deep end before you know how to swim. I think that saving your virginity for a serious relationship is more sensible, so you trust and know the person, but don't feel any pressure to marry just so you can have sex.

ReputationRep:
    I think the whole idea of celibacy is nice, but, in present day society that just isn't going to happen.

Why would you be proud of losing your virginity at such a young age? But then why be ashamed of losing it at 40? Ahah " 40 year old virgin "

There are too many questions revolving around it. Each to their own I say!

ReputationRep:
    The people I know who intend to abstain from sex before marriage are far more likely to be slutty than those who have sensible mature relations with their boyfriend/girlfriend. They're so horny they flit from person to person constantly getting hot under the collar then marry before they're 20.

Another thing to consider in this argument, is that sex takes a relationship to another level of intimacy and understanding.

ReputationRep:
    So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.
    This is absolute rubbish, humans are one of very few species which has sex for pleasure so your statement isnt exactly based on fact. And also i think there are more important differences between us and other organisms. FYI. We are animals. We are a species in the animal kingdom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    I think the whole idea of celibacy is nice
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleeny)
    But why would you want to control your desire? Sex is good.

I wouldn't give two s**** whether future bfs were virgins or not. Haha or does this only apply to women?
    You see that is the thing.

It is your opinion and I dont have anything against different opinions - without them world would be extremely boring place.

But peer pressure is the problem. Majority of people think the same way as you do. But just becasue more people are sharing the same opinion it does not make this opinion correct.

Many virgin feels that just because everyone is doing it they should too and this is completely and utterly wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Many virgin feels that just because everyone is doing it they should too and this is completely and utterly wrong.
    Surely that's more a result of their undeveloped, easily-led personalities rather than a fault of society at large?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiphopopotamus)
    Why?
    they don't have to worry about sex that way even though they want it, less pressure, lets them deal with their failings in life in a quiet and dignified manner making sex seems like some sort of sordid thing when it isn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiphopopotamus)
    Why?
    No real reason, I guess something out of a Disney book haha

ReputationRep:
    perhaps it is, but good grammar is something far more important in which to have pride.

ReputationRep:
    go have sex and shut up... jesus, what you think it is? its a bit of sex i hate it when all you people make it into a huge thing. you do it with someone you love and then what? your going to stop loving him anyway so who cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    No real reason, I guess something out of a Disney book haha
    I wasn't getting at you, I was just curious. I have celibate friends but their viewpoint is due to their religion. They can never come up with a satisfactory answer.

Sometimes they just say 'I like to think of it as a wedding present from God'.

To which I reply, 'couldn't you just ask for a coffee maker like everyone else?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yushuak)
    This is absolute rubbish, humans are one of very few species which has sex for pleasure so your statement isnt exactly based on fact. And also i think there are more important differences between us and other organisms. FYI. We are animals. We are a species in the animal kingdom.
    I should clear one thing up.

By saying "the only thing that distinguishes us from animals" I did not mean in term of biology but in term of psychology.

When an animal feels the urge to compulate it just goes for it really. People are able to control it.

ReputationRep:
    There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a looser.
    This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.
    Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
    What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
    There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

I completely agree. Having sex should be respectful and done with someone who you are deeply connected with......
    amen to your thread, brother (or sister) !!

ReputationRep:
    I should clear one thing up.

By saying "the only thing that distinguishes us from animals" I did not mean in term of biology but in term of psychology.

When an animal feels the urge to compulate it just goes for it really. People are able to control it.
    If you think that is the only thing that distinguishes us from animals, then the educational system really failed you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    perhaps it is, but good grammar is something far more important in which to have pride.

I am very sorry if I offended you by making grammar mistakes in my posts. Apparently english is not my native language so I am still learning.

ReputationRep:
    WOW. You people put far too much thought into sex. When I lost mine I was just like 'that was amazing' and didn't really think much more of it. Jesus, grow up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.