Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Virginity is an imaginary archaic social construct upon which too much emphasis is placed. It matters not whether people have or haven't had sex, people can do as they please. You and your silly views about whether things are cool/uncool will not change that. Stay out of the bedrooms of others.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16, a virgin and an atheist - your generalization failed.
    I do not think i'm 'uncool' based on that fact alone, i've been in sexual contact with people but I simply don't want to have sex with any fool, virgin or not.
    If others want to have sex, that's their business, doesn't mean it's peer pressure though...i don't feel any peer pressure, i've been involved with someone who ended up being the worst ever, so i'm glad i didn't have sex with him let alone lose my virginity to
    I just haven't met anyone worth while basically and until i do, i won't be boasting or feeling ashamed because it's natural for a couple to have sex. They don't have to be 'the right one' but that doesn't mean i should settle for idiots or people i'm not that keen on.
    Sex is at the end of the day an activity to b enjoyed, who you want to enjoy that with is your choice, and it doesn't have to be a selected one unless you're religious, that sensitive blahh.

i do get shocked how people younger than 16 have sex with countless people and aren't careful, but people grow up too fast that's life
    but kids around 16 are legal...they can do it as much as they like- if they are irresponsible they'll face the consequences 9 months later.
    doesn't mean you have to be married to have sex though, otherwise forget the whole boyfriend/girlfriend phase, get married straight away or do it with your relatives even, like the animals.
    Anyway, i just think OP is sexually frustrated and can't find anyone let alone 'the one', try masturbation.

I don't think people have sex or loose there virginity to look cool, sexual desire and pleasure is part of being human. If you don't have it from puberty then there is something wrong with you and I'd suggest you go get your bloods done.

And "****s" is a really awkward comment due to it's based on opinion and everyone has a different opinion of what a **** is. I don’t really care about people going out for fun and getting laid that don’t want serious relationships as long as they wrap up. STDs are pretty nasty and so many people have the clap these days it’s like walking through a mine field if you don’t rap up.

It’s usually only virgins hated on sex as they can’t get any, for example if some hot (8/10 etc) person (Male or Female) came up to you and said want some no strings attached sex you would say no lol? It’s human nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    the non virgins are gona slate you
    and?

ReputationRep:
    why is some people on here so sex mad?

(Original post by Good Intentions)
    Losing a virginity early is not cool
    and neither is being a virgin. I don't think either state is anything to be proud or ashamed of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazmin)
    and?
    and what ?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, your virginity should be no-one's business except yours, but in this day and age, there is loads of peer pressure to admit such a thing, but real friends and decent partners respect you whether you're a virgin or not, so technically, none of us should give a damn!

I can't really say if I'm proud to be a virgin, because I honestly haven't thought of it like that, but if it's the right time, with the right person, then I do agree with sex before marriage.

I just feel now that everyone's in a rush to have sex and because of it, they choose the wrong people without getting to know them, and a lot of people take advantage of that. But as far as I'm concerned, when and who you do it with is your choice, but you're the one that's got to live with it - if you regret it, then there's not much you can do, but then again if you don't - good on you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazmin)
    why is some people on here so sex mad?
    Why can't some people construct proper sentences?

(Original post by Shiny Dirt)
    Anyway, i just think OP is sexually frustrated and can't find anyone let alone 'the one', try masturbation.
    I concur.

(Original post by tommm)
    and neither is being a virgin. I don't think either state is anything to be proud or ashamed of.
    Depends on how old you are, there is something tragic about a 28 year old guy who's still a virgin

ReputationRep:
    But sex is really really fun, and there is no actual reason to deliberately abstain, apart from to feel smug and superior about your ability to abstain from something pleasurable. It is like deciding to abstain from eating food you like the taste of, or listening to music or something. It doesn't make you a better or a worse person, if you aren't religious it is just some kind of bizzare "test" or punishment you are inflicting on yourself, for no other reason than to prove you can do it. All very odd in my opinion.

If you actually don't want or feel ready to have sex yet, or if you haven't found a person that you want to have sex with and the feeling is mutual, that is a different matter and fair enough. Personally I think a lot of the people claiming to be morally superior for being virgins actually fall into this catagory.

(Original post by cass_27)
    Personally, your virginity should be no-one's business except yours, but in this day and age, there is loads of peer pressure to admit such a thing

I can't really say if I'm proud to be a virgin, because I honestly haven't thought of it like that, but if it's the right time, with the right person, then I do agree with sex before marriage.

I just feel now that everyone's in a rush to have sex and because of it, they choose the wrong people without getting to know them, and a lot of people take advantage of that. But as far as I'm concerned, when and who you do it with is your choice, but you're the one that's got to live with it - if you regret it, then there's not much you can do, but then again if you don't - good on you
    To be honest, I don't want to know who I have sex with. Just enough so you can lie through your teeth and go in for the kill, take them home, then wave bibi next morning :top:

ReputationRep:
    There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a looser.
    This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.
    Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
    What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
    There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.

I agree that you should not lose your virginity under peer pressure but to say that people who did have sex earlier in life should be 'ashamed' of themselves perhaps is taking it a little too far. Who are we to judge what others want to do with their lives? I personally do value my virginity but I don't see it as something that the whole world should aknowledge and praise me for.

On the other hand, your point would dramatically reduce the number of teenage pregnancies.....

oohh well, what can we do eh?

ReputationRep:
    Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.
    And assuming I'm a whore because I've lost my virginity does not make you 'cool' either. It's stupid to make the assumption that those who have lost their virginity before marriage are whores, just like it's stupid to assume virgins are losers.
    I lost my virginity at 16 and I've been with the same guy for 3 and a half years, and been completely faithful. I really don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, and I'd respect your points a lot more if you didn't make huge generalizations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Depends on how old you are, there is something tragic about a 28 year old guy who's still a virgin
    No there is not.

And my post was mainly about people like you.
    I am not saying that people should be ashamed of the fact that they have lost their virginity (I already mentioned it in this post: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6&postcount=58 )
    If you feel that you are ready to do it then it is fine - do whatever you like, I dont care.

But what annoys me is when non-virgins are acting like "knowitall" kind of people judging and pressuring virgins. Basically people like the guy I quoted.

ReputationRep:
    Being a virgin is certainly not something to be ashamed or embarassed about. However, it isn't something to be proud of either. It is totally ridiculous also to claim that those who are not virgins are whores/****s etc.

In a perfect world, your state of "virginity" or lack of, would be a non-point. We do not live in a perfect world though, and so yes there is lots of peer pressure surrounding this subject but thankfully there are decent people who are wise enough not to judge you based on whether you have or have not had sex.

The only problem I have with people who I know personally to have lost their virginity, is that for a short while they seemed to think themselves to be far more mature than I, and skirted around me like I was some sort of naive little child. That was annoying, but then I have a problem with people patronising me about anything.

ReputationRep:
    There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a looser.
    This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
    What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
    There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.
    1- Not every person who has sex at a young age is a whore.
    2- Times change, so to traditions.
    3- Not everyone loses their virginity because other people did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    Haha, no.

Oh man, I forgot, caring for someone and doing something that some would say is our "life's purpose" makes you a ****?

ReputationRep:
    No there is not.

And my post was mainly about people like you.
    I am not saying that people should be ashamed of the fact that they have lost their virginity (I already mentioned it in this post: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6&postcount=58 )
    If you feel that you are ready to do it then it is fine - do whatever you like, I dont care.

But what annoys me is when non-virgins are acting like "knowitall" kind of people judging and pressuring virgins. Basically people like the guy I quoted.
    :teeth:

Yeah but my life experience is a lot richer more varied and profound than yours young one, I feel I'm at the stage where I can lecture a young grasshopper such as yourself see

I know more therefore I know best k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    :teeth:

Yeah but my life experience is a lot richer more varied and profound than yours young one, I feel I'm at the stage where I can lecture a young grasshopper such as yourself see

I know more therefore I know best k?
    You dont even know me, but whatever.. ;-)

I'm a virgin, but I love my hand shandies thank you very much :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.