Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Good Intentions] the whole thread

That was not provided in your OP. I based my response on the opinions expressed within your post. I'm afraid it didn't interest me highly enough to rake through your previous faffing.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't anybody spell lose/losing/loser?

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. All the ****s are coming to get you.

+rep though. I totally agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    Actually lots of animals control their sexual desire. What distinguishes us (and dolphins) is that we're the only animals that have sex for pleasure.

So why is it such a big deal? Its just an act involving two people, it is fun, and it doesnt have to be this big important thing that society dictates it to be (which then goes and causes emotional distress for pretty much every teenager), and it doesnt even have to be part of a relationship. Why is virginity a big deal? and why would anyone want to have sex with only one person ever?! Our needs change, our desires change, the people in our lives change.

Theres nothing wrong with virginity, but theres nothing wrong with having sex.
    Easily the most intelligent comment I have seen on this website since I started using it.

ReputationRep:
    At least one good thing came out of this thread...

MY NEW SIG!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Intentions)
    You might feel ready now but the truth is you are 15th years old.
    Yes you could be very mature, I am not saying you are not but the fact is that you are still a child. You could be very smart one, you could be very responsible one but still I know how it works because I used to be 15th myself and I know how my views about pretty much everything changed. And then few years later you will sit (just like million other teenagers) and think "I wish I had waited"
    Will? How do you know she will? Are you speaking as someone who lost their virginity at 15 and regrets it now? No. She might regret it, or she might not. Everyone has a different opinion.

ReputationRep:
    oh thanks OP for the Neg. I forget democracy doesn't go without tarnishing of one's reputation on TSR

ReputationRep:
    You might feel ready now but the truth is you are 15th years old.
    Yes you could be very mature, I am not saying you are not but the fact is that you are still a child. You could be very smart one, you could be very responsible one but still I know how it works because I used to be 15th myself and I know how my views about pretty much everything changed. And then few years later you will sit (just like million other teenagers) and think "I wish I had waited"
    Why; because one form of peer-pressure will have been replaced by another?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twilight fingertips)
    Will? How do you know she will? Are you speaking as someone who lost their virginity at 15 and regrets it now? No. She might regret it, or she might not. Everyone has a different opinion.
    I agree with you. Everyone has a different opinion.
    I am just saying what I have seen both in real life and on various discussion boards which is many teenagers whining that they should wait longer. Dont get me wrong - if you are happy about losing your virginity then it is good for you and you can simply ignore what I am saying. But the fact is that many teens are regretting it at some stage later in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koko-popz)
    oh thanks OP for the Neg. I forget democracy doesn't go without tarnishing of one's reputation on TSR
    I'll pos you tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I'll pos you tomorrow.

i love you

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you. Everyone has a different opinion.
    I am just saying what I have seen both in real life and on various discussion boards which is many teenagers whining that they should wait longer. Dont get me wrong - if you are happy about losing your virginity then it is good for you and you can simply ignore what I am saying. But the fact is that many teens are regretting it at some stage later in life.
    That's a pretty big u-turn from what you were saying earlier.

And a view much more mature and well-reasoned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twilight fingertips)

thank you twilight xx

ReputationRep:
    Oh for god's sake, some people turn matters of non-importance into huge situations. Why should you feel any different once you've had sex compared to when you hadn't? It doesn't play any importance in anyone's life but your own, and being a virgin (or not) isn't something worth parading around about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiphopopotamus)
    That's a pretty big u-turn from what you were saying earlier.

And a view much more mature and well-reasoned.
    It is what I meant from the beginning.

And yes koko-popz I did neg you but not because of the views but because you could not be bothered to read my further posts where I did some additional explanation.

Speaking of negs - 6 so far which is less than I expected to be honest. The most painful from Profesh ;-)

ReputationRep:
    It is what I meant from the beginning.

And yes koko-popz I did neg you but not because of the views but because you could not be bothered to read my further posts where I did some additional explanation.

Speaking of negs - 6 so far which is less than I expected to be honest. The most painful from Profesh ;-)
    The reason you've been getting so much flak is that your original post inferred that those who had lost their virginity were sluts and should be ashamed. I think you may even have used that phrase ('ashamed').

I think the matter was exacerbated by following posters being pretty outspoken against people who have chosen to lose their virginity.

That's probably why your message got confused.

ReputationRep:
    Having lost your virginity by 20 does not make you a whore. I don't see what there is to be proud of in terms of being a virgin - why should someone be proud that they have not had sex? Why should they be proud that they have?

It really is only the virgins who care at all.

And to koko pops - I'll also pos you, after midnight, unless you'd rather I neg'd the OP? Your call. Either way, he's a minge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiphopopotamus)
    At least one good thing came out of this thread...

MY NEW SIG!
    This was his sig (in case he removes it)
    Originally Posted by 1tadakimasu
    I'm 23, a virgin and never dated before.

EPIC PHAIL
    Having read through all the posts I think the OP is talking about people like Hiphopopotamus who makes fun of someone who is a virgin, and that person feels pressured into having sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness123)
    This was his sig (in case he removes it)

Having read through all the posts I think the OP is talking about people like Hiphopopotamus who makes fun of someone who is a virgin, and that person feels pressured into having sex.
    I don't intend to change it now unless that guy asks me to So don't 'pressurise' me into doing so!

If someone had come on here saying 'I'm a 15 year old and I feel pressurised into shagging someone' I obviously wouldn't have quoted that. However, the guy I quoted had a very mature stance where he quite clearly stated his position, he acknowledges it is not the norm and that he doesn't care what people think of him/her. Good on them.

I saw a chance to parody some of the people on this forum and have a bit of a joke for the duration of the thread. Now you've just pissed me off and my sig, which I intended to take down after it had run its course, will now stay up due to your challenge

Incidentally, can we have a quick head count of how many people came on this forum saying they've been pressurised into sex? What was that? Practically none? Wowzer.

How many people have said it was their choice and they should do whatever the **** they want, regardless of some opinionated anal tits who get off from lecturing people over the security of the internet?

One hell of a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it's anything to value at all. I dont see why some people put value on it and see it sacred or whatever :dontknow:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.